Find a Burbage and Hinckley Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Burbage and Hinckley? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Burbage and Hinckley home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Burbage and Hinckley conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley

Me and my wife are buying our first property. Our lawyer has calledto see if we want to take out additional conveyancing searches. We are really unsure what's needed for conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley

The extent of Burbage and Hinckley conveyancing searches depends primarily on the premises, the location, the possibility of any of these risks, your familiarity of the area and risks, your general approach to risk. What is important is that you adequately comprehend what information the searches could supply. You may then make a decision if you personally think you need that search. Where you are unclear, ask the property lawyer to advise.

We see that you have a search directory identifying solicitors on the HSBC conveyancing panel. Do firms pay you a referral fee if I appoint them for our conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley?

We are a listing service only for law firms wishing to communicate if they are on the HSBC conveyancing panel or other lender panels. We do not charge referral fees to any conveyancer that you subsequently appoint for your conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley.

My Conveyancer in Burbage and Hinckley has never been on on the Birmingham Midshires Solicitor Panel. Is it possible for me to retain my family solicitor notwithstanding that they are excluded from the Birmingham Midshires panel of approved conveyancing solicitors?

Your options are as follows:

  1. Complete the purchase with your preferred Burbage and Hinckley lawyers but Birmingham Midshires will need to retain a conveyancer on their panel. This will result in additional total legal charges and cause frustration.
  2. Choose an alternative practitioner to act in the conveyancing, not forgetting to check they are Convince your solicitor to use their best endeavours to join the Birmingham Midshires conveyancing panel

Forgive me if this question is silly but I am new to the home moving as FTB of a ground floor flat in Burbage and Hinckley. Do I collect the keys to the property on completion from my conveyancer? If this is the case, I will instruct a High Street conveyancing solicitor in Burbage and Hinckley?

On the day of completion you do not need to attend the conveyancers office in Burbage and Hinckley. Conveyancing lawyers for you will arrange to send the purchase money to the owner’s solicitors, and once they have received this, you should be called to pick up the keys from the property Agents and move into your new home. This tends to happen between 1 and 3pm.

I was told three weeks ago that my mortgage has been agreed to by Clydesdale. Is it usual for Clydesdale to only issue the offer once my solicitor in Burbage and Hinckley is approved on their conveyancing panel? Clydesdale have asked my solicitor to see a copy of their PI Insurance.

A lender would not issue a mortgage until they have details of a lawyer on their panel. It can take a few weeks for Clydesdale to deal with your lawyer's application to be on the Clydesdale conveyancing panel. There's no guarantee that your solicitor will be accepted.

I've digested plenty of house buying guides, I note that they all recommend that you should get your house surveyed prior to buying it. When I asked my local Burbage and Hinckley solicitor - who is on the TSB conveyancing panel - on this she said they don't do this and I need to contract an independent surveyor. Is that normal?

TSB will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually TSB will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own Burbage and Hinckley surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller.

Should our conveyancer be raising questions about flooding as part of the conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley.

The risk of flooding is if increasing concern for lawyers carrying out conveyancing in Burbage and Hinckley. Some people will buy a house in Burbage and Hinckley, completely expectant that at some time, it may be flooded. However, aside from the physical destruction, where a house is at risk of flooding, it may be difficult to obtain a mortgage, satisfactory building insurance, or sell the premises. There are steps that can be taken during the course of a property purchase to forewarn the buyer.

Solicitors are not qualified to offer advice on flood risk, however there are a various searches that may be carried out by the buyer or on a buyer’s behalf which should give them a better appreciation of the risks in Burbage and Hinckley. The standard property information forms given to a buyer’s solicitor (where the Conveyancing Protocol is adopted) incorporates a usual question of the vendor to find out if the property has historically flooded. If flooding has previously occurred and is not notified by the vendor, then a buyer may commence a compensation claim stemming from an inaccurate reply. A purchaser’s conveyancers will also commission an environmental report. This should disclose whether there is any known flood risk. If so, additional investigations will need to be conducted.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.