Find a City Of London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in City Of London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your City Of London transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised City Of London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in City Of London

I'm in the process of changing my existing standard loan to a Buy to Let Platform Home Loans Ltd mortgage. I have been informed by my broker that I require a lawyer for this. I spoke to my previous City Of London conveyancing solicitor who acted on my behalf when I previously bought the property. The fee calculation e-mailed to me of £500 has taken me by surprise as I am not require purchase conveyancing - it’s simply a straightforward remortgage.

The estimate does seem a tad on the high side. Where you are happy to expend time scrutinising prices you might get the conveyancing a bit cheaper by as much as £100 plus VAT. That being said, providing that you were happy with the legal work the firm offered you couldcome to regret opting for an an untested conveyancer. Remember to enquire the conveyancer can act for Platform Home Loans Ltd. You can use our search tool to choose a City Of London conveyancing firm on the Platform Home Loans Ltd approved list of lawyers, which can often include conveyancing solicitors in City Of London.

Can conveyancing in City Of London to be done in less than 3 weeks?

Where you are under pressure to exchange it is highly recommended that your lawyer is familiar with the area as they will make use of local relationships and intelligence. It is possible that they could have handled previoushomes in the same neighbourhood. Therefore consider using a City Of London conveyancing firm. In addition, check that the lawyer is on the member panel. It is understood that nearly one in five of City Of London conveyancing transactions are frustrated or jeopardised after discovering a purchaser’s conveyancer was not on their mortgage lender’s list of approved solicitors. This can often result in the transaction being delayed by almost three weeks. It is believed that this issue impacts in the region of 100,000 home sales every year. Many City Of London conveyancing practices can not represent certain lenders so do check as early as possible.

Have just purchased a repossessed house at auction in City Of London. Conveyancing is needed. What happens now?

Having legally committed yourself to purchase you will need to instruct a conveyancing lawyer quickly as you are facing a tight deadline in which to complete the deal. All auction property should have an associated legal pack. This will include evidence of title and search results. If you have purchased leasehold premises the auction pack may provide a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and other conveyancing documentation relating to leasehold premises. You should pass this on to the lawyer working for you as soon as possible. Do make sure that that you have the requisite funding in place to complete the transaction on the set completion date.

We had instructed conveyancers based in City Of London on the RBS solicitor approved list. They are now charging me a supplemental sum for dealing with the RBS mortgage. Is this a supplemental conveyancing fee set by RBS?

Unfortunately, so long as it is in their Terms of Engagement or Quote then yes your conveyancer may levy a fee for this. The fee is not dictated by RBS but by your City Of London solicitor. Plenty of firms on the RBS panel will quote ’dealing with mortgage’ fee but some practices include it on their overall fee.

I was told three weeks ago that my mortgage has been agreed to by Leeds Building Society. Is it usual for Leeds Building Society to only issue the offer once my solicitor in City Of London is approved on their conveyancing panel? Leeds Building Society have asked my solicitor to see a copy of their Professional Indemnity Insurance Schedule.

A lender would not issue a mortgage until they have details of a lawyer on their panel. It can take a few weeks for Leeds Building Society to deal with your lawyer's application to be on the Leeds Building Society conveyancing panel. There's no guarantee that your solicitor will be accepted.

What does commercial conveyancing in City Of London cover?

Non domestic conveyancing in City Of London incorporates a broad range of guidance, given by regulated solicitors, relating to business premises. By way of example, this area of conveyancing can cover the sale or purchase of freehold business premises or, more usually, the assignment of existing leases or the drafting of new leasing arrangements. Commercial conveyancing solicitors can also offer advice on the sale of business assets, commercial mortgages and the termination of tenancies.

Should I instruct a City Of London conveyancing lawyer based in the area that I am buying? An old friend can perform the legal formalities but his firm is located a couple of hundredmiles drive away.

The benefit of a local City Of London conveyancing firm is that you can visit the firm to sign documents, deliver your identification documents and apply pressure on them where appropriate. They will also have local knowledge which is a bonus. That being said it's more important to get someone that will pull out all the stops for you. If other friends have used your friend and in the main were happy that should trump using an unknown City Of London conveyancing lawyer solely due to them being City Of London based.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.