Find a Corfe Castle Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Corfe Castle? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Corfe Castle transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Corfe Castle conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Corfe Castle

I have a decision in principle. The bank mentioned the home loan came with free conveyancing. Does this mean I have to use their panel solicitor as I would much rather instruct a Corfe Castle based conveyancing firm?

You should check but the the probability is that allocate you one of their panel conveyancers if you take up the "fee-free" deal. Contact the lender and determine if they offer you a cash alternative. In the past a few mortgage companies offered a £250 cashback as an alternative in which case that money can go towards your preferred conveyancing solicitor near Corfe Castle.

I am assisting my mother sell her flat in Corfe Castle. Does the conveyancing solicitor arrange an energy assessment or do I organise this?

Following the abolition of HIPs, energy assessments was left as a mandatory component of selling a house. An energy performance certificate needs to be commissioned in advance of the property being advertised. It is not as aspect of the sale process that conveyancers normally arrange. If you are using a Corfe Castle conveyancing lawyer they might be able to arrange EPC’s given their relationships with long established local accredited person

Have just purchased a repossessed house at auction in Corfe Castle. Conveyancing is required. What are my next steps?

Given that you have now for all intents and purposes signed on the dotted line you will need to retain a conveyancing solicitor soon as you now have a tight deadline in which to complete the conveyancing. Every auction property should have a bespoke auction set of papers. This will likely include evidence of title and search results. Where you are dealing with leasehold premises the conveyancing pack may provide a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing documentation relating to a leasehold property. You must pass this on to your appointed conveyancing solicitor at the earliest opportunity. You also need to ensure that you have funds in order to complete on the on the contractual date .

The mortgage over my property is with TSB for my property in Corfe Castle. Conveyancing was finalised some time ago. Should I wish to rent out the flat and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a buy-to-let mortgage or inform TSB?

You must advise TSB prior to letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of TSB’s mortgage conditions. In many cases banks or building societies will permit you to let out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact TSB directly. You need not do this via a TSB conveyancing panel firm.

My partner and I are close to exchanging contracts on the sale of our home in Corfe Castle and according to the buyers it appears that there is a risk of it being constructed land that was not decontaminated. Any high street Corfe Castle conveyancer would know that there is no such problem. It does beg the question why the purchasers are using a web based conveyancing practice rather than a conveyancing solicitor in Corfe Castle. Having lived in Corfe Castle for many years we know that this is a non issue. Do we get in touch with our local Authority to seek confirmation that there is no issue.

It sounds as though you may have a conveyancing solicitor currently acting for you. What do they say? You must enquire of your lawyer before you do anything. It is very possible that once the local authority has been informed of a potential issue it cannot be insured against (a bit like being diagnosed with a serious illness and then taking out life insurance to cover that same ailment)

I have todayfound out that Action Conveyancing have closed. They carried out my conveyancing in Corfe Castle for a purchase of a leasehold flat 9 months ago. How can I check that my home is registered correctly in the name of the former proprietor?

The easiest way to see if the property is registered to you, you can carry out a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Corfe Castle conveyancing specialists.

I'm converting the mortgage on my existing house to a buy to let mortgage with Aldermore and I will use the ballance of the raised equity as a deposit on further house. The location we are looking at is Corfe Castle. Will your lawyers be able to act for the two mortgage companies and link together the two deals?

Do use our search tool on this site to be sure that the solicitors are approved by both banks. On the basis that they are your conveyancer should be able to connect the two conveyancing matters but you should talk with you conveyancer and make clear your desired outcome and needs.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.