Find a Dickens Heath Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Dickens Heath? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Dickens Heath home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Dickens Heath conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Dickens Heath

I selected a Dickens Heath based lawyer for our conveyancing in Dickens Heath recently. After carefully reading the Terms and Conditions I seewe are on the hook for charges even if the dealfalls through. Should I go with them or select a web based firm promoting no-sale-no-fee conveyancing in Dickens Heath?

It is usually ‘give and take’ in that if "No Sale No Fee" is available then the fee levels will tend to be be uplifted to neutralise the cases that fail to complete. Do bear in mind that these promotions rarely cover outlay for instance Dickens Heath conveyancing search costs.

Me and my partner are about to complete on the purchase of a property in Dickens Heath but as a result of wreckage from a small fire at the property I have managed to agree compensation from the seller of £3k taking the form of a adjustment in the price. This was going to be addressed as part of amending the contract yet Nationwide are not allowing this. Should they have been informed?

Any property lawyer being on a Nationwide conveyancing panel is obliged to disclose to Nationwide of any variations to the purchase price. If you prohibit your property lawyer to notify the reduction to Nationwide then they would have to discontinue acting for you. In addition, Nationwide and you would have to appoint a new solicitor for your conveyancing in Dickens Heath.

I can see plenty of information on this site regarding conveyancing in Dickens Heath but what is your top tip for choosing the right conveyancer in Dickens Heath

It would be unwise to be seduced by the cheapest Dickens Heath conveyancing fees. You really do get what you’re paying for when it comes to conveyancing solicitors. A cheap quote may mean that the conveyancing solicitor is handling a lot of jobs at one time and you won’t get the quality of service and the attention that you need. It is, however, wise to use a conveyancer who has a fixed fee on a no sale, no fee basis. This way, you know exactly what you’ll have to pay in advance.

My aunt pointed out to me me that in purchasing a property in Dickens Heath there may be a number of restrictions prohibiting external changes to a property. Is this right?

We are aware of anumerous of properties in Dickens Heath which have some sort of restriction or requirement of consent to perform external variations. Part of the conveyancing in Dickens Heath should determine what restrictions are applicable and advising you as part of a ROT that should be sent to you.

We had instructed conveyancers based in Dickens Heath on the Nottingham solicitor approved list. They are now charging me a further fee for the legal aspects of the Nottingham mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by Nottingham?

Unfortunately, so long as it is in their Terms of Engagement or estimate then yes your solicitor can charge a fee for this. The charge is not set by Nottingham but by your Dickens Heath property lawyer. Some firms on the Nottingham panel will quote an ‘acting for lender’ fee and others do not.

How does conveyancing in Dickens Heath differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build or newly converted property in Dickens Heath come to us having been asked by the housebuilder to exchange contracts and commit to the purchase even before the house is finished. This is because builders in Dickens Heath tend to buy the land, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct property lawyers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are used to new build conveyancing in Dickens Heath or who has acted in the same development.

We are in the throes of a leasehold sale of a flat in Dickens Heath. Conveyancing is fine but we are being charged an extortionate amount by the managing agents. So far we have paid £268 for a leasehold management pack and then a further £200 plus VAT for additional questions raised by the buyers solicitor.

Your property lawyer will unlikely have any impact over the extent of the charges for this information however the average fee for the information for Dickens Heath leasehold premises is £360. When it comes to Dickens Heath conveyancing transactions it is usual for the owner to pay for these charges. The freeholder or their agents are not duty bound to address such questions although many will be willing to do so - albeit often at high prices disproportionate to the work involved. Unfortunately there is no law that mandates set fees for administrative tasks. There is no legal time limit by which they are obliged to provide answers.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.