Find a Finsbury Park Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Finsbury Park? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Finsbury Park home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Finsbury Park conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Finsbury Park

I am getting a mortgage offer from Santander. I would like to enlist the help of a Licensed Conveyancer in Finsbury Park. Does the Santander Conveyancing panel include conveyancers regulated by the CLC?

The Santander approved solicitor list is, like many other lenders, associated to the CML or Building Society Association, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.

How up to date is your search tool for Finsbury Park conveyancing solicitors on the Nottingham conveyancing panel? Do Nottingham send you an updated list?

Finsbury Park conveyancing firms themselves provide us confirmation that they are on the Nottingham conveyancing panel as opposed to being supplied with a list from Nottingham directly.

We previously appointed conveyancers locally in Finsbury Park on the Barclays solicitor panel. They have just invoiced me a further fee for the legal aspects of the Barclays mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee set by Barclays?

Provided it is contained in their Terms of Engagement or estimate then yes your conveyancer is entitled to charge a fee for this. The charge is not set by Barclays but by your Finsbury Park lawyer. Numerous firms on the Barclays panel will charge an ‘acting for lender’ fee and others do not.

I have today made my last payment due on my mortgage with Yorkshire BS. I assume I don't need a Finsbury Park property lawyer on the Yorkshire BS panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?

If you have finished paying off your Yorkshire BS mortgage, they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Yorkshire BS mortgage from the register. Yorkshire BS, and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage:

  1. but are not moving to another property
  2. where Yorkshire BS has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and
  3. Yorkshire BS has instructed the Land Registry to do so
The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Yorkshire BS mortgage has been paid off.

I currently have a mortgage with Barclays for my property in Finsbury Park. Conveyancing has been completed months ago. If I am intending to rent out the flat and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Barclays?

Your original mortgage agreement with Barclays will provide that you need their approval before letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of Barclays’s mortgage conditions. It may be that Barclays will allow you to rent out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Barclays directly. You need not do this via a Barclays conveyancing panel solicitor.

I am looking for a ground for flat up to £245,000 and found one near me in Finsbury Park I like with a park and station in the vicinity, however it's only got 61 remaining years left on the lease. I can't really find anything else in Finsbury Park suitable, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake acquiring a short lease?

If you require a home loan the remaining unexpired lease term may be problematic. Reduce the price by the anticipated lease extension will cost if it has not already been discounted. If the existing owner has owned the property for at least 2 years you may request that they commence the lease extension formalities and pass it to you. You can add 90 years to the existing lease term and have £0 ground rent by law. You should speak to your conveyancing solicitor regarding this matter.

My step-father has urged me to instruct his conveyancing solicitors in Finsbury Park. Do I take his recommendation?

No doubt the best way to find a conveyancing practitioner is to get recommendations from friends or family who have actually experience in using the firm you're considering.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Stroud Green
Finsbury Park
Manor House
Nag's Head

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.