Find a Hatch and Old Basing Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Hatch and Old Basing? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Hatch and Old Basing transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Hatch and Old Basing conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Hatch and Old Basing

AssumingI was to buy a straightforward housein Hatch and Old Basing for cash and have no survey and no local authority searches how much would I expect to have to pay for conveyancing in Hatch and Old Basing?

Any savings you would make will be isolated to the Hatch and Old Basing conveyancing searches. A conveyancing practitioner still be obliged to do everything else - money laundering, communicating with your sellers property lawyer, stamp duty submission, register the title etc. A slight saving might be made by not needing to register a mortgage but it will not be meaningful.

What is your number one tip for finding a conveyancing solicitor in Hatch and Old Basing

We would encourage you not to base your choice on the cheapest Hatch and Old Basing conveyancing fees. You really do get what you’re paying for when it comes to property lawyers. A cheap quote may mean that the conveyancing solicitor is handling a lot of jobs at one time and you won’t get the quality of service and the attention that you need. It is, however, wise to use a conveyancer who has a fixed fee on a no sale, no fee basis. This way, you go into the conveyancing with your eyes wide open.

We had appointed conveyancing lawyers located in Hatch and Old Basing on the Leeds Building Society solicitor panel. They are now charging me an additional amount for dealing with the Leeds Building Society mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by Leeds Building Society?

Unfortunately, so long as it is in their Terms and Conditions or Quote then yes your conveyancer can charge a fee for this. This fee is not dictated by Leeds Building Society but by your Hatch and Old Basing property lawyer. Numerous firms on the Leeds Building Society panel will levy ’dealing with mortgage’ fee and others do not.

Two weeks ago we had a mortgage agreed in principle with Nationwide. Hatch and Old Basing conveyancing practitioners have been appointed. What is the average time that one could expect to receive a mortgage offer from Nationwide?

Some lenders take longer than others. Have Nationwide done the valuation? Have you advised Nationwide as to your lawyers' details and checked that your lawyers are on the Nationwide conveyancing panel? It is not unusual for a mortgage offer to take a month to come through.

My wife and I are selling our property in Hatch and Old Basing and the buyers lawyers are claiming that there is a possibility that the property was constructed on contaminated land. A local lawyer would know this is not the case. It does beg the question why the buyers used a web based conveyancing practice as opposed to a conveyancing solicitor in Hatch and Old Basing. Having lived in Hatch and Old Basing for three years we know of no issue. Is it a good idea to get in touch with our local Authority to get clarification need.

It sounds as though you may have a conveyancing firm already. Are they able to advise? You should enquire of your lawyer before you do anything. It is very possible that once the local authority has been informed of a potential issue it cannot be insured against (a bit like being diagnosed with a serious illness and then taking out health insurance to cover that same illness)

I opted to have a survey done on a property in Hatch and Old Basing before retaining solicitors. I have been informed that there is a flying freehold aspect to the house. The surveyor advised that some mortgage companies will not give a loan on this type of property.

It varies from the lender to lender. Santander has different requirements from Nationwide. Should you wish to call us we can investigate further via the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Hatch and Old Basing. Conveyancing may be slightly more expensive based on your lender's requirements.

Do you have any top tips for leasehold conveyancing in Hatch and Old Basing from the point of view of expediting the sale process?

  • A significant proportion of the frustration in leasehold conveyancing in Hatch and Old Basing can be avoided where you appoint lawyers as soon as your agents start advertising the property and request that they start to collate the leasehold documentation which will be required by the buyers’ conveyancers.
  • A minority of Hatch and Old Basing leases require Landlord’s consent to the sale and approval of the buyers. If this applies to your lease, it would be prudent to place the estate agents on notice to make sure that the purchasers obtain bank and professional references. Any bank reference will need to confirm that the buyers are financially capable of paying the yearly service charge and the actual amount of the service charge should be quoted in the bank’s letter. You will therefore need to provide your estate agents with the actual amount of the service charge so that they can pass this information on to the buyers or their solicitors. If you have carried out any alterations to the premises would they have required Landlord’s permission? In particular have you laid down wooden flooring? Hatch and Old Basing leases often stipulate that internal structural changes or installing wooden flooring require a licence issued by the Landlord consenting to such alterations. Where you dont have the approvals in place do not communicate with the landlord without contacting your lawyer first. If there is a history of conflict with your landlord or managing agents it is very important that these are settled before the property is put on the market. The purchasers and their solicitors will be concerned about purchasing a flat where a dispute is unsettled. You may need to swallow your pride and discharge any arrears of service charge or settle the dispute prior to the buyers completing the purchase. It is therefore preferable to have any dispute settled prior to the contract papers being issued to the buyers’ solicitors. You will still have to reveal details of the dispute to the buyers, but it is clearly preferable to present the dispute as over rather than unresolved. If you hold a share in a the freehold, you should make sure that you are holding the original share document. Organising a replacement share certificate is often a time consuming formality and slows down many a Hatch and Old Basing conveyancing transaction. Where a reissued share certificate is needed, do contact the company director and secretary or managing agents (if relevant) for this at the earliest opportunity.

I purchased a garden flat in Hatch and Old Basing, conveyancing was carried out May 2000. Can you give me give me an indication of the likely cost of a lease extension? Equivalent properties in Hatch and Old Basing with over 90 years remaining are worth £201,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £45 invoiced every year. The lease runs out on 21st October 2083

With just 64 years unexpired we estimate the premium for your lease extension to span between £14,300 and £16,400 as well as costs.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs in the absence of detailed investigations. Do not use this information in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be additional issues that need to be considered and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Please do not take any other action placing reliance on this information before seeking the advice of a professional.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.