Find a North East London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in North East London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your North East London conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised North East London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in North East London

What does my ID and proof of funds have anything to do with my conveyancing in North East London? Why is this being asked of me?

Anti-terror and anti-money-laundering laws require solicitors and licensed conveyancers to verify the identification documents of the potential client they are dealing with prior to agreeing to accepting their conveyancing retainer. The Terms of Engagement that you need to sign should stipulate this. Your lender will also require certain documents to be checked. If you are unwilling to hand over ID verification documents, your solicitor would not be able to accept instructions from you.

Is there a search tool that I can use to discover of the solicitor conducting my conveyancing in North East London is on the mortgage lender’sconveyancing panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Godiva Mortgages Ltd thus paying £192.00 in another set of conveyancing charges.

Please do make the most of the search tool on this site. Pick the lender and type ‘North East London’ or your location and you will be presented with numerous solicitors offices in North East London or by proximity to you.

I have been told that property searches are a common reason for obstruction in North East London house deals. Is there any truth in this?

The Council of Property Search Organisations (CoPSO) published findings of research by MoveWithUs that conveyancing searches do not figure within the top 10 causes of hindrances during the legal transfer of property. Local searches are unlikely to feature in any delay in conveyancing in North East London.

I have recentlyfound out that Wolstenholmes have been shut down. They carried out my conveyancing in North East London for a purchase of a freehold house 12 months ago. How can I check that my home is not still registered in the name of the former proprietor?

The quickest way to check if the property is in your name, you can make a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of North East London conveyancing specialists.

Am I better off to use a North East London conveyancing lawyer in close proximity to the house I am buying? An old friend can execute the conveyancing however his firm is located over three hundred kilometers away.

The benefit of a local North East London conveyancing firm is that you can pop in to execute documents, present your identification documents and apply pressure on them if necessary. They will also have local insight which is a plus. That being said it's more important to get someone that will do a good and efficient job. If other friends have used your friend and the majority were happy that should surpass using an unfamiliar North East London conveyancing lawyer solely due to them being based in the area.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.