Find a Old Town Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Old Town? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Old Town home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Old Town conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Old Town

How do I check that the solicitor handling my conveyancing in Old Town is on the lender’sapproved panel? I am looking to avoid the situation of having one lawyer for me and one for Clydesdale thus paying £187.00 plus VAT in supplemental conveyancing charges.

Please do make the most of the search tool on this site. Please choose the lender and type ‘Old Town’ or your location and you will be presented with a number of lawyer located in Old Town or nearest you.

My wife and I have a 4 bedroom Georgian property in Old Town. Conveyancing practitioner represented me and Platform Home Loans Ltd. I did a free Land Registry search last week and I saw a couple of entries: one for freehold, the second leasehold with the matching property. I'd like to know for sure, how can I find out??

You need to review the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register as there may be mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered owner of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Old Town and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they mortgage they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with mortgage companies. You can also question the situation with your conveyancing lawyer who completed the work.

I need to retain a conveyancing solicitor for residential conveyancing in Old Town. I happened to discover a site which seems to have the perfect offering If there is a chance to get all this stuff completed via web that would be ideal. Do I need to be wary? What are the potential pitfalls?

As usual with these online conveyancers you need to read ALL the small print - did you notice the extra charge for dealing with the mortgage?

Planning to complete next month on a garden flat in Old Town. Conveyancing lawyers assured me that they report fully on Monday. Are there areas in the report that I should be focusing on?

Your report on title for your leasehold conveyancing in Old Town should include some of the following:

    You would want to be sent a copy of the lease Do you need to have carpet in the flat or are you allowed wood flooring? What options are open to you if an adjoining owner is in violation of a provision in their lease? The landlord’s rights to access the flat. You should be made aware that your landlord has rights of access as well as be informed how much notice must be provided. Advice concerning the obligations as set out in the lease to to contribute towards maintenance costs - with regard to both the building, and the more general rights a lessee has
For a comprehensive list of information to be included in your report on your leasehold property in Old Town please ask your conveyancer in advance of your conveyancing in Old Town.

I bought a basement flat in Old Town, conveyancing was carried out December 1998. Can you let me have an estimated range of the fair premium for a lease extension? Comparable flats in Old Town with over 90 years remaining are worth £191,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £55 invoiced every year. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2072

You have 53 years unexpired we estimate the premium for your lease extension to range between £27,600 and £31,800 plus costs.

The suggested premium range that we have given is a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we are not able to advice on the actual costs without more detailed due diligence. Do not use the figures in a Notice of Claim or as an informal offer. There are no doubt other issues that need to be taken into account and you obviously want to be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Please do not move forward placing reliance on this information without first getting professional advice.

My partner and I have had DIP from The Mortgage Works who have advised that they will loan up to £300k. When do we need to instruct a lawyer for conveyancing? Old Town is where we are purchasing.

It would be wise to instruct a solicitor now and ask them to open a file on your behalf. This will kickstart: 1) the estate agent to issue a Sales Memo to all parties 2) the seller’s conveyancing practitioner to submit the draft contract. However, do not ask your conveyancing practitioner to order searches until you receive your valuation report from The Mortgage Works and you are content to proceed.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.