Find a Sewardstonebury Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Sewardstonebury? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Sewardstonebury transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Sewardstonebury conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Sewardstonebury

My partner’s sister is a solicitor. I expect that I will receive mate’s fee for conveyancing, However if that does not come materialise, what kind of costs should I be paying for conveyancing in Sewardstonebury?

You should compare pricing. Do use our comparison tool on this page. Whilst fees will vary but service levels do differ between law firms as is true with most professions.

When reviewing moneysavingexpert.com for a recommended lawyer in Sewardstonebury, most advise that I should instruct a CQS assured lawyer. What is CQS?

Sewardstonebury Conveyancing Quality Scheme law firms have been granted accreditation under the Law Society's Scheme (CQS) CQS was established to promote high standards in the in the legal transfer of properties. CQS enables consumers to recognise solicitor firms that provide a quality residential conveyancing. Sewardstonebury is one of the many areas in England and Wales in which CQS have a presence. The scheme obliges practices to undergo a strict assessment, compulsory training, self-reporting, random audits and annual reviews in order to maintain CQS status. It is open only to members of the Law Society who meet the demanding standards set by the scheme and has the support of the Building Societies Association.

Is there a list of Nottingham panel conveyancers in Sewardstonebury on the Building Society Association’s Website?

Unfortunately not yet. There is no such tool on the Council of Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association sites. Very few mortgage companies make their panel listings visible online. If you are seeking to appoint a Sewardstonebury solicitor on the Nottingham please use our tool.

Completion of my remortgage has taken place for my property in Sewardstonebury. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about the lender. How does one go about formally complaining?

Almost all lenders have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the lender’s branches or the Customer Services Team at head office. Ordinarily complaints to a lender are sorted out very quickly. If you feel the matter is not resolved you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.

I am selling my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in June 2008, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's mortgage company, TSB are being difficult. The Sewardstonebury solicitor who is on the TSB conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but TSB are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do TSB have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that TSB have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why TSB may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I moved into my house on 2 April and my personal details are still not on the land registry website. Any reason for this? My conveyancing solicitor in Sewardstonebury expressed confidence that it would be formalised in a couple of weeks. Are transfers in Sewardstonebury uniquely lengthy to register?

There is nothing unique about conveyancing in Sewardstonebury registration formalities. Rather than based on location, timescales can differ according to the party submitting the application, whether there are errors and if the Land registry communicate with any third persons or bodies. As of today approximately three quarters of such applications are fully addressed within 12 days but occasionally there can be longer delays. Historically registration takes place after the buyer is living at the property so post completion formalities is not always an essential issue yet if it is urgent that the the registration takes place urgently then you or your lawyers must communicate with the Registry to express the reasoning for the application to be prioritised.

Is planning consent needed to split a house into a couple of flats in Sewardstonebury? This has occurred to a house next door to my home in Sewardstonebury and was ignorant of the conversion until it was complete.

Planning permission is necessary for converting a single dwelling in Sewardstonebury into flats but probably not for reverting once again to single dwelling-house so, simply put, yes,a it is required.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.