Find a Solihull Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Solihull? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Solihull conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Solihull conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Solihull

All was ready to complete my purchase in Solihull next Monday. I have now been asked to send a copy of my building insurance schedule by my solicitor as as she informs me that she is duty bound to validate that it is in order for the bank. What risks does the bank expect the insurance to cover?

All property lawyers on acting for banks would need to check that the following risks are covered fire; lightning; aircraft; explosion; earthquake; storm; flood; escape of water or oil; riot; malicious damage; theft or attempted theft; falling trees and branches and aerials; subsidence; heave;landslip;collision;accidental damage to underground services;professional fees, demolition and site clearance costs; and public liability to anyone else. There are some other issues such as the level of excess that are set out in a lender’s UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements. These requirements are not limited to conveyancing in Solihull.

Have just purchased a repossessed house at auction in Solihull. Conveyancing is needed. What are my next steps?

Having for all intents and purposes signed on the dotted line you must find a conveyancing solicitor quickly as you now have a tight deadline in which to complete the deal. All auction property will ordinarily have a corresponding legal set of papers. This will likely include evidence of title and search results. If you have purchased leasehold property the conveyancing pack may contain a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing paperwork relating to leasehold premises. You need to give this to the solicitor instructed by you as soon as possible. Do make sure that that you have the requisite funding organised to complete the transaction on the set completion date.

We are due to move house in October. Will my conveyancing solicitor update the removal company on the completion day. As an aside, can you suggest a removal company in Solihull. Conveyancing solicitor was chosen prior to coming across this site.

On the afternoon of completion you can collect the keys from your property agent however this can only be done once the previous owners solicitors confirm to the agent that the monies to complete are in and the keys can be passed over. Subsequently you should tell the removal men that you are ready to move in. We are not in a position to recommend a particular removal company but can assist you in choosing a residential property solicitor in Solihull or a solicitor that specialises in conveyancing in Solihull.

We had appointed conveyancing lawyers located in Solihull on the Aldermore solicitor approved list. They have just billed me a supplemental sum for dealing with the Aldermore mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee set by Aldermore?

Unfortunately, as long as it is in their Terms of Engagement or estimate then yes your property lawyer may levy a fee for this. This fee is not set by Aldermore but by your Solihull conveyancing practitioner. Some firms on the Aldermore panel will quote an ‘acting for lender’ fee and others do not.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a ground for flat up to £245,000 and found one close by in Solihull I like with open areas and station nearby, however it's only got 49 remaining years left on the lease. There is not much else in Solihull for this price, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake acquiring a lease with such few years left?

If you need a mortgage the shortness of the lease will be an issue. Reduce the price by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the existing owner has owned the property for a minimum of twenty four months you could request that they start the process of the extension and then assign it to you. You can add 90 years to the existing lease term with a zero ground rent applied. You should speak to your conveyancing lawyer regarding this.

Back In 2009, I bought a leasehold flat in Solihull. Conveyancing and Barclays Direct mortgage organised. I have received a letter from someone saying they have taken over the freehold. It included a ground rent demand for rent dating back to 1997. The conveyancing practitioner in Solihull who previously acted has now retired. What should I do?

The first thing you should do is make enquiries of HMLR to make sure that this person is indeed the registered owner of the freehold reversion. There is no need to incur the fees of a Solihull conveyancing lawyer to do this as it can be done on-line for £3. You should note that in any event, even if this is the legitimate landlord, under the Limitation Act 1980 no more than 6 years of rent can be collected.

I inherited a 1st floor flat in Solihull, conveyancing was carried out in 2004. How much will my lease extension cost? Corresponding properties in Solihull with an extended lease are worth £216,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £50 invoiced annually. The lease expires on 21st October 2089

You have 69 years remaining on your lease we estimate the price of your lease extension to be between £9,500 and £11,000 plus professional fees.

The suggested premium range above a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs in the absence of comprehensive investigations. Do not use this information in a Notice of Claim or as an informal offer. There may be other concerns that need to be taken into account and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Please do not take any other action based on this information without first getting professional advice.

I happen to be an executor of my recently deceased aunt’s Will, with a property in Solihull which will be sold. The property has never been registered at HMLR and I'm told that many buyers solicitors will insist that it is in place before they'll proceed. What's the mechanism for this?

In the situation you refer to it seems advisable to apply to register in the names of the personal representative(s) as named in the probate and in their capacity as PRs. HMLR’s online guidance explains how to register for the first time and what is required re the deeds and forms. You would need to include and official copy of the probate as well and complete the form FR1 to refer to the PRs as the applicant.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.