Find a Law Firm
approved by Bank of Scotland

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Bank of Scotland list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Bank of Scotland Conveyancing Panel

Q and A’s regarding the Bank of Scotland Solicitor Panel

I have been advised by my broker that I have to pay Bank of Scotland fees should I instruct my family lawyer. How good are the Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel solicitors? I dont care which law firm I use provided that they are good and not exorbitantly priced. Would you recommend a specific law firm on the Bank of Scotland panel?
Bank of Scotland’s conveyancing panel is substantial so your best bet is just to check with the firms you are getting quotes from that they are on the panel. You can search by postcode on the search tool on this site to find solicitors that Bank of Scotland will allow to act for them.
Can you clarify something for me?. For no fault of my lawyer but, my purchase conveyancing has been going on for months. The Local Authority Search from Bank of Scotland was issued random date and we have agreed a date for me to move into the property on Tues etc. My lawyer says that as she is on the Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel she needs to reorder the searches as they are now out of date.
A precondition to being on the Bank of Scotland approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Bank of Scotland)which states that a local authority search be not more than half a year old. You should nevertheless ask your lawyer to check whether something called ‘search validation’ indemnity insurance is acceptable to Bank of Scotland.
I am buying a flat and require a conveyancing solicitor in Leeds who is on the Bank of Scotland approved. Could you point me in the right direction as regards a conveyancing firm?
Our service is a directory service for firms who wish to be listed as being on the approved conveyancing panel for Bank of Scotland . We don’t recommend any particular firm.
My uncle passed away 10 months ago and as sole heir and executor was left the house. The house had a relatively small loan left on it of around £4500. I want to have the title changed into my name whilst I re-mortgage to Bank of Scotland , pay off the mortgage etc. Is this allowed?
If you intend to re-mortgage then Bank of Scotland will insist on your using a conveyancer on the Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the Bank of Scotland mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.
I have paid off my mortgage with Bank of Scotland. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the Bank of Scotland panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?
If you have finished paying off your Bank of Scotland mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Bank of Scotland mortgage from the register. Bank of Scotland,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the Bank of Scotland has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the Bank of Scotland has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Bank of Scotland mortgage has been paid off.
The mortgage over my property is with Bank of Scotland. Conveyancing has been completed a year ago. If I am intending to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Bank of Scotland?
Your original mortgage agreement with Bank of Scotland will provide that you need their approval before letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of Bank of Scotland’s mortgage conditions. In many cases banks or building societies will permit you to let out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Bank of Scotland directly. You need not do this via a Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel lawyer.
Next month my fiance and I are taking a long lease of a 1st floor apartment in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon are about to beappointed. My brokersuggested that we enquire that the property lawyer in Hendon is on the Bank of Scotland solicitors panel. Is this really necessary?
It is not that case that all Hendon conveyancing firms are on the Bank of Scotland conveyancing panel. 5 people a month use our search tool to find a Hendon conveyancing firm on the on the Bank of Scotland approved list of lawyers.