Find a Law Firm
approved by AtomBank
Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the AtomBank list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.
Looking for information about your firm's panel status?Is my firm on the Atom Bank plc Conveyancing Panel? How does my firm apply to be on the Atom Bank plc Conveyancing Panel? How can my firm be reinstated onto the Atom Bank plc Conveyancing Panel?
Find an Approved Solicitor on the Atom Bank plc Conveyancing Panel
Common questions asked concerning the Atom Bank Conveyancing Panel
For what reasons could a law firm be excluded from the Atom Bank approved conveyancing panel?
According to a recent survey report by the solicitors regulator three quarters of solicitor practices had been removed from a lender panel. The top reasons in order are :
- Low volume of transactions
- the lawyer is a sole practitioner
- as part of the HSBC panel reduction
- regulatory contact by SRA
- accidental removal. We are not aware of the specific or common criteria for removal by Atom Bank
My lawyer is asking me for ID documents saying that this is part of his requirements as a solicitor on the Atom Bank Solicitor panel. Can you confirm whether this is the case?
Anti-terror and anti-money-laundering rules require solicitors and licensed conveyancers to verify the identity of the person or body they are dealing with before they can accept their conveyancing business. The Terms and Conditions that you need to sign will no doubt confirm this. Your lawyer is right that Atom Bank also require certain documents to be viewed. If a you refuse to provide ID verification documents, your conveyancer would not be able to accept instructions from you. Your lawyer also has obligations to obtain certain documents in accordance with Atom Bank CML Handbook requirements last updated on Atom Bank
I am looking to buy a flat and need a conveyancing solicitor in London who is on the Atom Bank conveyancing. Could you point me in the right direction as regards a firm?
Our service is a directory service for firms who wish to be listed as being on the approved conveyancing panel for Atom Bank . We don’t recommend any particular firm.
I am trying to get my ex-husband removed the mortgage deeds. Can Atom Bank really insist on which solicitor I can or can not instruct?
You can use any solicitor you like but Atom Bank then has the right to appoint a different solicitor to act for them at your expense. It might be more cost effective and quicker to instruct a lawyer who is on the Atom Bank solicitors panel
In what circumstances might Atom Bank amend or withdraw their mortgage offer?
Banks and Building Societies such as Atom Bank can revoke their mortgage offer although this rarely happens. If Atom Bank withdraw their offer they may or may not inform you or the lawyer as to their reasoning. There are various possible reasons but here are a few examples:
- Where information comes to Atom Bank ‘s attention regarding the customers or the security that they were not aware of prior to offer that affects their original decision to lend
- A cashback to the buyer, or | part of the price includes a non-cash incentive to the buyer (eg paid stamp duty land tax),or | any indirect incentive (cash or non cash) or rental guarantee, of which the lender was previously unaware
- Where the purchase price and borrowers direct contribution differ to details on the mortgage application form completed by the borrower
- Where the lender is on notice of a restriction or a right of pre-emption which is not at market value
- If the lender reasonably believe that the applicant, borrower, mortgagor or guarantor is insolvent or is about to become insolvent or has or will have a petition presented or if any one or all enter into any arrangement with their creditors generally or if any one or all should suffer a material change in their financial circumstances
I recently had an offer accepted on an apartment. My mortgage broker recommended their conveyancers I paid an upfront payment of 175. Soon after the conveyancers contacted me to say that they were not on the Atom Bank conveyancing panel. Am I right in thinking that I should be due a refund?
You should be able to recover this from the law firm if they were not on the Atom Bank panel. They should have asked at the outset which lender you were obtaining a mortgage with. An important lesson to readers of this site is to check that the lawyers are on the appropriate lender panel.
Atom Bank have agreed my mortgage in principle, my offer on house has been accepted, now what?
The estate agent will want to know who your solicitors are (make sure these solicitors are on the lenders panel). Call up Atom Bank or your broker and complete any relevant paperwork. Atom Bank will tell you what documents they want. Atom Bank will instruct a valuer. The valuer will get in touch with the estate agent or seller to book an appointment. Once conducted (assuming no problems) it takes about week to get a mortgage offer. Atom Bank will issue the offer to you and your lawyer. The transaction will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing.