Find a Law Firm
approved by Barclays - Woolwich

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Barclays - Woolwich list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Barclays Bank as The Woolwich Conveyancing Panel

FAQs for the Barclays - Woolwich Solicitor Panel

I appointed a law firm to conveyancing on my purchase 4 weeks ago having applied for a mortgage with Barclays - Woolwich. The solicitors confirmed to me that they are on Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing panel and advised me their panel number. Barclays - Woolwich then told me that their panel number was dormant and would need to be reactivated. What happens next? Should I appoint a new solicitor listed on the approved panel for Barclays - Woolwich?
You may be very frustrated with the lawyer but if it only go take a few more days they it may be worth waiting as, depending on how far progressed you are you may end up delaying the transaction by a number of weeks if you need to replace your solicitor You may wish to enlist the help of your broker to check with the Barclays - Woolwich as to how long they think it will take to get the firm to get back on the panel.
My lawyer has informed me that he requires personal identification documents stating that this is part of his requirements as a conveyancer on the Barclays - Woolwich Conveyancing panel. This is news to me - can I refuse?
Anti-terror and anti-money-laundering rules require solicitors and licensed conveyancers to verify the identity of the person or body they are dealing with before they can accept their conveyancing business. The Terms and Conditions that you need to sign will no doubt confirm this. Your lawyer is right that Barclays - Woolwich also require certain documents to be viewed. If a you refuse to provide ID verification documents, your conveyancer would not be able to accept instructions from you. Your lawyer also has obligations to obtain certain documents in accordance with Barclays - Woolwich CML Handbook requirements last updated on Barclays - Woolwich
Whilst your website is a good idea there are many lawyers listed near Leeds on the Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing panel. It would be a lot more helpful if you could recommend a specific firm on the Barclays - Woolwich approved panel?
We do not recommend specific firms as the right firm for you depends on where your priorities lie. For example you may require a local firm with local knowledge or you might be looking for the low cost conveyancing. We recommend that you speak to 3 or 4 lawyers listed before you make your choice..
I am buying a semi-detached house and getting a mortgage with Barclays - Woolwich. How practical is it for me to do the conveyancing?
Leaving aside the complexities and merits of DIY conveyancing you will have to appoint a solicitor on the Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing panel to look after their interests. Most people therefore find it easier to let the solicitor act for them and the lender. Furthermore there is minimal cost savings to made in you doing to conveyancing for yourself and another lawyer conducting the conveyancing for the lender. Please feel free to use the search tool to find a lawyer on the Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing panel in your location.
I am buying a property where the roof has a solar panel. Solicitors conducting should look into this right? Will my lender Barclays - Woolwich be concerned
As you are obtaining a mortgage with Barclays - Woolwich your lawyer must to check the Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing instructions contained in the Part of CML Handbook for Barclays - Woolwich . The CML Handbook contains minimum requirements for solar panel roof-space leases, and solicitors are required to report to Barclays - Woolwich where a lease does not meet these requirements. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties in England and Wales. Requirements for Scotland are due in the near future.
I currently have a mortgage with with Barclays - Woolwich. Conveyancing has been completed a year ago. Should I wish to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Barclays - Woolwich?
Your original mortgage agreement with Barclays - Woolwich will provide that you need their approval in advance of letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of Barclays - Woolwich’s mortgage conditions. In many cases banks or building societies will allow you to rent out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Barclays - Woolwich directly. It should not be necessary to do this via a Barclays - Woolwich conveyancing panel lawyer.
Completion of my purchase has taken place with a loan from Barclays - Woolwich. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I would like to complain about Barclays - Woolwich. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?
Most lenders have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the Barclays - Woolwich branches or the Customer Services Team at Barclays - Woolwich head office. We understand that complaints to Barclays - Woolwich are resolved effectively and efficiently. However if you are not satisfied that the matter is resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR who will take matters further.