Find a Law Firm
approved by Bradford & Bingley

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Bradford & Bingley list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Bradford & Bingley Limited Conveyancing Panel

Examples of recent questions relating to the Bradford & Bingley Conveyancing Panel

I am hoping to receive a offer of a mortgage from Bradford & Bingley. I would like to employ the services of a Licensed Conveyancer. Does the Bradford & Bingley Conveyancing panel include conveyancers regulated by the CLC
Bradford & Bingley’s conveyancing panel is, like many other lenders associated to the Council or Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the CLC.
Our solicitor has identified a defect with the lease for the apartment we are purchasing. The seller’s lawyers have suggested title insurance as a workaround. We are happy with insurance and will cover the costs. Our lawyer has advised that as he is on the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel he must ensure that the lender is happy with this solution. Are we the client or is Bradford & Bingley?
Just because you have a mortgage offer from Bradford & Bingley does not mean to say that the property will be meet their requirements for the purposes of a mortgage. Your lawyer has to ensure that the lease has to comply with the CML Handbook Requirements. You and Bradford & Bingley are the client. The appropriate lender requirements have to be complied with by the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel who has to balance acting for you and Bradford & Bingley
I require the services of a Bradford & Bingley panel solicitor in Inverness. Can you assist?
It is not clear why you need a Bradford & Bingley panel solicitor but in any event, if you can not find one on our search tool you will need to speak directly to Bradford & Bingley to find out which solicitors in Bradford & Bingley are on their panel. If you do find such a firm not listed please direct them to our site to list. At a fee of one pound per month it is not expensive to register on the site
My grandfather passed away six months ago and as sole heir and executor was left the house. The house had a small mortgage remaining of approximately £4500. I want to transfer the title deeds into my name whilst I re-mortgage to Bradford & Bingley , pay off the mortgage etc. Is this allowed?
If you intend to re-mortgage then Bradford & Bingley will insist on your using a conveyancer on the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the Bradford & Bingley mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.
We are getting a further advance on our mortgage from Bradford & Bingley as we wish to carry out alterations or improvements our home. Do we need to appoint a solicitor on the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel to deal with the paperwork?
Bradford & Bingley would not normally instruct a member of their approved list of lawyers to deal with such a matter. If they did require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Bradford & Bingley panel
We have had an offer accepted on a apartment I spoke to a lawyer recommended by my mum and he recommended retaining a solicitor approved by Bradford & Bingley. The estate agent recommended two local firms so I asked Bradford & Bingley if the 2 suggested solicitors are approved, which they are not. Bradford & Bingley suggested that either firm can fill out the appropriate forms to become approved. Do I (1) save myself the aggravation and use one of Bradford & Bingley 's conveyancing panel solicitors (2) Use the local solicitor and accept there may be delays etc as they go through the approval process.
Ask Bradford & Bingley for conveyancing panel firms in your area. Most banks have lawyers on their panel throughout the UK. You can also use our search tool at the top of this page to search for a lawyer on the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel based on location. If you particularly like the sound of one of the local lawyers that you have spoken to ask them if they would go onto Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel as it may only take about 2-3 weeks. As long as they meet Bradford & Bingley’s requirements it can be a very simple job for the solicitor. Other stuff will be going on in parallel (as you are at an early stage) so it may not delay matters.
At last I have had an offer on an apartment accepted, but there is a chain. The vendors have offered on somewhere, but not been accepted yet, and have viewings of other properties booked. My conveyancing solicitor has been instructed. What do I do now? At what point should I appy for the mortgage with Bradford & Bingley?
It is usual to have concerns where there is a chain as you are unlikely to want to be too out of pocket too early (mortgage application is approx £1k, then survey/valuation, conveyancing search costs, etc). First you should check that your solicitor is on the Bradford & Bingley conveyancing panel. As to the next stages this very much depends on the circumstances of your case, desire for this property and on the state of the market. In a hot mortgage some buyers would pally for the mortgage with Bradford & Bingley and pay for the valuation and only if it comes back ok would they pay their solicitor to press on with searches.