Find a Law Firm
approved by Clydesdale Bank

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Clydesdale Bank list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Clydesdale Bank plc Conveyancing Panel

Clydesdale Bank Conveyancing Panel Sample Enquires to our Call Center

I need to swap lawyers as my lawyer is not on the Clydesdale Bank panel of conveyancing solicitors. Is it advisable to appoint a new law firm?
If you haven't yet instructed a solicitor to do anything for you and have just received quotes, you're perfectly free to choose a different solicitor to carry out your work for you. The best way is to get recommendations from friends or family who have actually used the solicitor or conveyancer you're considering.
We are getting closer to an exchange and my mum and dad having sent the 10% deposit to my lawyer. I am now advised that as the deposit has not come from me my lawyer needs to disclose this to my lender Clydesdale Bank. Apparently, being on the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel and acting on their behalf he must inform Clydesdale Bank if the balance of the mortgage advance is not just from me. I disclosed to the bank about my parent’s contribution when I applied for the mortgage so is it really necessary for this now to be an issue?
Your lawyer is obliged to check with Clydesdale Bank to make sure that they are aware that the balance of the purchase price is not from your own funds. Your solicitor can only report this to Clydesdale Bank if you agree, failing which, your lawyer must cease to continue acting.
Do I need to visit the offices of the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel solicitor to sign the mortgage deed? If so, I will instruct a firm who offer conveyancing in Leeds so that I can pop in to their offices when needed.
Most conveyancing panel lawyers for Clydesdale Bank undertake all of the work via the post, internet or over the phone. This means that they can undertake your Conveyancing Transaction no matter where you live in England or Wales. However you should check if you can still book an appointment to go into appointed conveyancing lawyer if you prefer.
My house is up for sale and I have a buyer. Does my solicitor have to be on the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel in order to deal with redeeming my mortgage?
Ordinarily, even if your lawyer is not on the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel they can still act for you on your sale. it might be that the lender will not release the original deeds (if applicable and increasingly irrelevant) until after the mortgage is paid off. You should speak to your lawyer directly before you start the process though to ensure that there is no problem as lenders are changing their requirements fairly frequently at the moment.
I am buying a property where the roof has a solar panel. Solicitors conducting should look into this right? Will my lender Clydesdale Bank be concerned
Given that your lender is Clydesdale Bank your lawyer must to check the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing instructions contained in the Part of CML Handbook for Clydesdale Bank . The CML Handbook contains minimum requirements for solar panel roof-space leases, and solicitors are required to report to Clydesdale Bank where a lease does not meet these requirements. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties in England and Wales. Requirements for Scotland are due in the near future.
I have a mortgage with Clydesdale Bank. My godfather has just retired and wants to pay off my mortgage. After Clydesdale Bank is paid, I want to transfer the property to my mother's name; How long will it roughly take? Do we need two separate solicitors on the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel? I do not intend to live at the property once the Clydesdale Bank mortgage is discharged.
You will need a solicitor but they need not be on the Clydesdale Bank conveyancing panel. You will need a solicitor to draw up the transfer and to deal with the Land Registry formalities. The only thing you need to consider is that by selling at an undervalue so ask your lawyer about the implications. There could be an inheritance tax issue if you die within 7 years of this. As the property is your main residence you need not pay CGT but you should speak with your accountants in any event.
Completion of my remortgage has taken place with a loan from Clydesdale Bank. Conveyancing was a necessary evil but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about Clydesdale Bank. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?
Most lenders have complaints procedures. Your first port of call should be one of the Clydesdale Bank branches or the Customer Services Team at Clydesdale Bank head office. We understand that complaints to Clydesdale Bank are sorted out effectively and efficiently. If you feel that the matter is not resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.