Find a Law Firm
approved by Hinckley and Rugby

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Hinckley and Rugby list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Hinckley and Rugby Building Society Conveyancing Panel

Hinckley and Rugby Solicitor Panel Recently Asked Questions

My lawyer is not listed on the Hinckley and Rugby Solicitor Panel. Can I still retain my family solicitor notwithstanding that they are excluded from the Hinckley and Rugby panel?
The most common options here are as follows:
  1. Complete the purchase with your preferred solicitors but Hinckley and Rugby will need to instruct a lawyer on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel. This will result in additional cost and potential delay.
  2. Get a new solicitor to act in the purchase, obviously checking they are on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel.
  3. Urge your lawyer to apply to join the Hinckley and Rugby lender panel
My husband and I intend to remortgage our flat with Hinckley and Rugby. We have a son 19 who lives with us. The solicitor on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel requested us to identify anyone over the age of 17 other than ourselves who reside at the property. The solicitor has now sent a form for our son to sign, waiving any legal rights in the event that the apartment is repossessed. I have two questions (1) Is this document specific to the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel as he did not need to sign this form when we remortgaged 5 years ago (2) In signing this form is our son in any way compromising his right to inherit the property?
First, rest assured that your Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel solicitor is doing the right thing as it is established procedure for any occupier who is aged 17 or over to sign the necessary Consent Form, which is purely to state that any rights he has in the property are postponed and secondary to Hinckley and Rugby .This is solely used to protect the Hinckley and Rugby if the property were re-possessed so that in such circumstances, your son would be legally obliged to leave.

It does not impact your son’s right to inherit the apartment. Please note that if your son were to inherit and the mortgage in favour of Hinckley and Rugby had not been discharged, he would be liable to take over the loan or pay it off, but other than that, there is nothing stopping him from keeping the property in accordance with your will or the rules of intestacy.

I have been looking for conveyancing quotes online. Can I be sure that all the law firms that are identified on your website are on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel?
The law firms on our directory have assured us via an online form that they are on the Hinckley and Rugby panel and agreed to advise us to take down their listing in the event of removal off of the Hinckley and Rugby panel. To date we have not been informed by either a bank or a member of the public that the data about a specific firm being on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel is not accurate.
I was due to complete on my dream home last Friday. My lawyer’s firm is on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel but has changed address 8 weeks ago and had not advised Hinckley and Rugby of their new address. Hinckley and Rugby has locked down the release of mortgage funds until such time as their systems are up to date with the correct details.
This is a rare situation indeed. The majority of lender Terms of Conveyancing Panel Appointment specifically oblige the solicitor to inform the lender of an address change. Your solicitor needs to treat this with the utmost urgency. Do speak with or register your concern with the senior partner (assuming he or she is not your direct lawyer). Most lenders would be reasonable in this situation and expedite the resolution of this issue. It may be prudent to enlist the help of your local Hinckley and Rugby branch or your mortgage broker to see if they can help.
Do conveyancing solicitors on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel work on a no move no charge basis?
In the main there are no requirements by lenders for their firms to operate on a no-sale-no-fee basis. There a small number of lenders who operate a very restricted conveyancing panel managed by a third party company (often termed in the industry as a ‘gatekeeper’). That third party may impose certain conditions such as non-sale-no fee on the panel firms. If you require this as a condition of your conveyancing then you should check with the conveyancing firm that this is part of their package
Completion of my remortgage has taken place with a loan from Hinckley and Rugby. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I would like to complain about Hinckley and Rugby. How do I make a complaint?
Almost all lenders have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the Hinckley and Rugby branches or the Customer Care Team at Hinckley and Rugby head office. We understand that complaints to Hinckley and Rugby are resolved very quickly. If you feel that the matter is not resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will take matters further.
Intending to buy a house with a mortgage with Hinckley and Rugby. I have received an online quote from a licensed conveyancer, which states: "There will be no charge for dealing with the Lender if you are obtaining a mortgage". I take this to mean that there will be no additional fee if the solicitor is on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel. I wanted to make sure it means there will be no additional fees for dealing with the mortgage.
They are simply saying that the cost for acting for the lender is included in the fee being quoted. It is worth you checking that they are on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel