Find a Law Firm
approved by LiveMoreCapital

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the LiveMoreCapital list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the LiveMore Capital Conveyancing Panel

Frequently asked questions relating to the LiveMore Conveyancing Panel

I have just been informed by my IFA that my the law firm I have appointed is not on the LiveMore Solicitor panel. What can I do to check?
The best course of action for you to take is to contact your lawyer directly. You lawyer should advise you of the situation. If they are not on the panel they may recommend you to a firm that is on the the approved LiveMore solicitor panel.
My nephew is in the process of securing a house that has just been built with a home loan from LiveMore. His conveyancer has said that there is a delay in completing the ‘Disclosure of Incentive Form’. This document is news to me - what is it and who needs sight of it?
The document is intended to provide information to the main parties involved in the purchase. Therefore, it will be provided to your son’s lawyer who should be on the LiveMore conveyancing panel as a standard part of the process, and to the surveyor when requested.

The Developer will be required to start the process by downloading the form and completing it.

The form will therefore need to be available for the valuer at the time of his or her site visit. The form should be sent to the LiveMore conveyancing panel solicitor as early as possible, in order to avoid any last minute delays, and no later than at exchange of contracts.

Are there any apps to help find a local solicitor on the LiveMore conveyancing panel? I have a car and am prepared to travel up to 25 miles to meet the solicitor.
You can use the find a conveyancing panel tool on this website. Please choose the lender and your location and you will see a number of lawyer located nearest you. Alternatively you can type in the name of your proposed law firm and see if they are listed as being on the LiveMore solicitor panel.
I was due to move into my dream home last Thursday. My lawyer’s firm is on the LiveMore solicitors panel but has changed address 8 weeks ago and had not advised LiveMore of their new address. LiveMore is now refusing to release my funds until such time as their systems are up to date with the correct details.
This is as unusual as it is unlucky. The majority of lender Terms of Conveyancing Panel Appointment specifically oblige the solicitor to inform the lender of an address change. Your solicitor needs to treat this with the utmost urgency. Do speak with or register your concern with the senior partner (assuming he or she is not your direct lawyer). Most lenders would be reasonable in this situation and expedite the resolution of this issue. It may be prudent to enlist the help of your local LiveMore branch or your mortgage broker to see if they can assist.
Is it the case that all solicitor practices on the LiveMore conveyancing panel regulated by the SRA?
As solicitors, in order to be on the LiveMore conveyancing panel they would need to be regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Many lenders do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel in which case such firms would be regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
I have a mortgage with LiveMore. My father has just retired and wants to pay off my mortgage. After LiveMore is paid, I want to transfer the property to my mother's name; How long will it roughly take? Do we need two separate solicitors on the LiveMore conveyancing panel? I do not intend to live at the property once the LiveMore mortgage is discharged.
Although you do need to retain the services of a lawyer they dont need to be on the LiveMore panel. You will need a solicitor to draw up the transfer and to deal with the Land Registry formalities. The only thing you need to consider is that by selling at an undervalue so ask your lawyer about the implications. There could be an inheritance tax issue if you die within 7 years of this. As the property is your main residence you need not pay CGT but you should speak with your accountants in any event.
My brother and I are remortgaging a house in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon are about to beinstructed. My fathersuggested that we enquire that the solicitor in Hendon is on the LiveMore panel. Is this really necessary?
A limited percentage of Hendon conveyancing solicitors are on the LiveMore conveyancing panel. 5 people a month use our search tool to search for a Hendon conveyancing solicitor on the on the LiveMore panel.