Find a Law Firm
approved by Mortgage Agency Services

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Mortgage Agency Services list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Mortgage Agency Services Conveyancing Panel

Q and A’s regarding the Mortgage Agency Services Conveyancing Panel

My mortgage broker has has requested my solicitor’s panel member for the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I obtain this. I have contacted my local Mortgage Agency Services office but they have not got back to me yet.
Have you tried speaking to your lawyer about this?. A law firm is likely to keep a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable their conveyancing panel details for Mortgage Agency Services.
Our conveyancing solicitor has requested from me identification documents asserting that this is part of his requirements as a solicitor on the Mortgage Agency Services Solicitor panel. Can you confirm whether this is the case?
Anti-terror and anti-money-laundering rules require solicitors and licensed conveyancers to verify the identity of the person or body they are dealing with before they can accept their conveyancing business. The Terms and Conditions that you need to sign will no doubt confirm this. Your lawyer is right that Mortgage Agency Services also require certain documents to be viewed. If a you refuse to provide ID verification documents, your conveyancer would not be able to accept instructions from you. Your lawyer also has obligations to obtain certain documents in accordance with Mortgage Agency Services CML Handbook requirements last updated on Mortgage Agency Services
I have been searching for competitive conveyancing fees. Can I be confident that all the practices that are listed on your website are on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel?
The law firms on our directory have advised us that they are on the Mortgage Agency Services panel and agreed to advise us to take down their listing in the event of removal off of the Mortgage Agency Services panel. To date we have not been informed by either a mortgage company or a member of the public that the data about a specific firm being on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel is incorrect.
My solicitors in Liverpool have advised me that they can not locate my conveyancing file. To assist with my purchase I took out a mortgage with Mortgage Agency Services. Is it case that being on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel they need to have retained the file for a number of years?
Different lenders have different requirements but many of the Terms and Conditions of Conveyancing Panel Appointment require the file to be held for a period of 6 years. That being said we have not seen a copy of the Mortgage Agency Services Conveyancing Panel Terms. It might be worth you contacting Mortgage Agency Services directly.
I am due to exchange contracts on my apartment. I had a double glazing fitted in month 8 but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s lender, Mortgage Agency Services are being difficult. The solicitor who is on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel is recommending indemnity insurance as a solution but Mortgage Agency Services are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Mortgage Agency Services have a conveyancing panel of they don’t accept advice from them?
It is probably the case that Mortgage Agency Services have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Mortgage Agency Services may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing correctly and safely installed. It merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.
After shopping around on the internet I have found a solicitor having made sure that they are on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel. Does my lawyer arrange the survey of the property? Or I've digested plenty of house buying,I note that it is considered advisable to get your house surveyed prior to buying it. When I asked my solicitor - who is on the Mortgage Agency Services conveyancing panel - on this she said they don't do this and I need to contract an independent surveyor. Is that normal?
Mortgage Agency Services will need an independent valuation of the property. Your lawyer will not arrange this. Usually Mortgage Agency Services will appoint their own surveyor to do this, and you will have to pay for it. Remember that this is a valuation for mortgage purposes and not a survey. You may wish to consider appointing your own surveyor to carry out a survey or prepare a home buyers report on the property. It is up to you to satisfy yourself that the property is structurally sound before you buy it. If the survey or report reveals that building work is needed, you should tell your solicitor. You may wish to renegotiate with the seller. or Your lawyer will not organise the survey but they may be able to put you in touch with a local one that they recommend. RICS offers a find a surveyor service (just google it) where you can search for a qualified surveyor by postcode. As you are getting a mortgage with Mortgage Agency Services you could contact your them to see if they have a list of approved surveyors.
Mortgage Agency Services have agreed my mortgage in principle, my offer on house has been accepted, now what?
The estate agent will want to know who your solicitors are (make sure these solicitors are on the lenders panel). Call up Mortgage Agency Services or your broker and complete any relevant paperwork. Mortgage Agency Services will tell you what documents they want. Mortgage Agency Services will instruct a valuer. The valuer will get in touch with the estate agent or seller to book an appointment. Once conducted (assuming no problems) it takes about week to get a mortgage offer. Mortgage Agency Services will issue the offer to you and your lawyer. The transaction will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing.