Find a Law Firm
approved by NRAM

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the NRAM list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the NRAM Ltd Conveyancing Panel

Q and A’s regarding the NRAM Ltd Solicitor Panel

I appointed a law firm to conduct the legal paperwork on my remortgage six weeks ago having applied for a mortgage with NRAM Ltd. The solicitors confirmed to me that they are on NRAM Ltd conveyancing panel and advised me their panel reference. NRAM Ltd then ,via my broker advised that their panel number was dormant and would need to be reactivated. What do I do from here? Should I appoint a new solicitor listed on the approved panel for NRAM Ltd?
You may be very frustrated with the lawyer but if it only go take a few more days they it may be worth waiting as, depending on how far progressed you are you may end up delaying the transaction by a number of weeks if you need to replace your solicitor You may wish to enlist the help of your broker to check with the NRAM Ltd as to how long they think it will take to get the firm to get back on the panel.
My conveyancer has spotted a discrepancy between the surveyor’s assumptions in NRAM Ltd’s valuation survey and what is in the title deeds. My solicitor says that as he is on the NRAM Ltd conveyancing panel he must check that the bank is happy with this discrepancy and is content go ahead. Is my lawyer’s approach correct?
A precondition to being on the NRAM Ltd approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on NRAM Ltd) which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.
I require the services of a NRAM Ltd panel solicitor in Belfast. Could you help me?
It is not clear why you need a NRAM Ltd panel solicitor but in any event, if you can not find one on our search tool you will need to speak directly to NRAM Ltd to find out which solicitors in NRAM Ltd are on their panel. If you do find such a firm not listed please direct them to our site to list. After all the cost is only one £1 a month
I am attempting to get my ex-husband removed the mortgage deeds. Can NRAM Ltd really tell me which solicitor I can or can not use?
You can use any solicitor you like but NRAM Ltd then has the right to appoint a different solicitor to act for them at your expense. It might be more cost effective and quicker to instruct a lawyer who is on the NRAM Ltd solicitors panel
I have paid off my mortgage with NRAM Ltd. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the NRAM Ltd panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Please confirm
If you have finished paying off your NRAM Ltd mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the NRAM Ltd mortgage from the register. NRAM Ltd,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the NRAM Ltd has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the NRAM Ltd has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your NRAM Ltd mortgage has been paid off.
I am due to exchange contracts on my flat. I had a double glazing fitted in month 8 but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's mortgage company, NRAM Ltd are being problematic. The solicitor who is on the NRAM Ltd conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but NRAM Ltd are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do NRAM Ltd have a conveyancing panel of they don’t accept advice from them?
It is probably the case that NRAM Ltd have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why NRAM Ltd may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing correctly and safely installed. It merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.
My brother and I are acquiring a house in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon are about to beretained. My friendrecommended that we check that the property lawyer in Hendon is on the NRAM Ltd approved list of lawyers. Is this really necessary?
Not all Hendon conveyancing practices are on the NRAM Ltd conveyancing panel. 7 people a month use our search tool to find a Hendon conveyancing firm on the on the NRAM Ltd panel.