Find a Law Firm
approved by perenna

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the perenna list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Perenna Conveyancing Panel

Perenna Solicitor Panel Sample Enquires to our Call Center

Am I correct in assuming that the fact that my conveyancer is not isted on the Perenna Solicitor panel that there is a problem with the quality of his work?
It would not be wise to jump to that conclusion. There are all sorts of perfectly reasonable explanations. A recent report by the solicitors regulator indicated 76% of law firms surveyed had been removed from at least one lender panel. The most common reasons for removal are: (1) lack of transactions (2) the lawyer is a sole practitioner (3) as part of the HSBC panel reduction (4) regulatory contact by SRA (5) accidental removal. If you are concerned you should simply call the firm and ask them why they are no longer on the approved list for Perenna.
My lawyer has uncovered a difference between the information in Perenna’s valuation survey and what is revealed within the legal papers for the property. My lawyer informs me that as he is on the Perenna conveyancing panel he is obliged to ensure that the lender is with this discrepancy and is still content to lend. Is my conveyancer’s stance appropriate?
A precondition to being on the Perenna approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Perenna) which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.
Whilst your website is a good idea there are many lawyers listed near London on the Perenna conveyancing panel. Can you recommend a specific firm on the conveyancing panel for Perenna ?
We do not recommend specific firms as the right firm for you depends on where your priorities lie. For example you may require a local firm with local knowledge or you might be looking for the low cost conveyancing. Before you appoint your lawyer we advise you to speak to two or three of the firms listed to gain comfort as to which one is right for you..
My house is up for sale and I have a buyer. Does my solicitor have to be on the Perenna conveyancing panel in order to deal with redeeming my mortgage?
Ordinarily, even if your lawyer is not on the Perenna conveyancing panel they can still act for you on your sale. it might be that the lender will not release the original deeds (if applicable and increasingly irrelevant) until after the mortgage is paid off. You should speak to your lawyer directly before you start the process though to ensure that there is no problem as lenders are changing their requirements fairly frequently at the moment.
is it true that all solicitors on the Perenna conveyancing panel overseen by the SRA?
As solicitors, in order to be on the Perenna conveyancing panel they would need to be regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Many lenders do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel in which case such firms would be regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
We have agreed to purchase a house.One unusual aspect is that the roof has a solar panel. Perenna have issued a mortgage offer so presumably this is not a concern to them. Why is my solicitor raising questions about the panel?
As you are obtaining a mortgage with Perenna your lawyer must to check the Perenna conveyancing instructions contained in the Part of CML Handbook for Perenna . The CML Handbook contains minimum requirements for solar panel roof-space leases, and solicitors are required to report to Perenna where a lease does not meet these requirements. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties in England and Wales. Requirements for Scotland are due in the near future.
I have agreed a price on a house I spoke to a solicitor recommended by my brother and he suggested retaining a property lawyers approved by Perenna. The estate agent recommended two local firms so I asked Perenna if the 2 suggested solicitors are approved, which they are not. Perenna pointed out that either practice can fill out the appropriate forms to become approved. Do I (1) save myself the aggravation and use one of Perenna 's conveyancing panel solicitors (2) Use the local solicitor and accept there may be delays etc as they go through the approval process.
Ask Perenna for conveyancing panel firms in your area. Most banks have lawyers on their panel throughout the UK. You can also use our search tool at the top of this page to search for a lawyer on the Perenna conveyancing panel based on location. If you particularly like the sound of one of the local lawyers that you have spoken to ask them if they would go onto Perenna conveyancing panel as it may only take about 2-3 weeks. As long as they meet Perenna’s requirements it can be a very simple job for the solicitor. Other stuff will be going on in parallel (as you are at an early stage) so it may not delay matters.