Find a Law Firm
approved by Precise Mtgs

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Precise Mtgs list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Precise Mortgages (Charter Court Financial Services Ltd) Conveyancing Panel

FAQs for the Precise Mortgages Solicitor Panel

I have been advised by my broker that I have to pay Precise Mortgages fees should I instruct my family lawyer. How good are the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel solicitors? I dont care which law firm I use as long as they're good and not exorbitantly priced. Would you recommend a specific law firm on the Precise Mortgages panel?
Precise Mortgages’s conveyancing panel is substantial so it would be advisable to check with the firms you are getting quotes from that they are on the panel. You can search by postcode on the search tool on this site to find solicitors that Precise Mortgages will allow to act for them.
Our conveyancer has identified a defect with the lease for the property we are purchasing. The other side have put forward defective title insurance as a solution. We are content with insurance and will pay for it. Our lawyer has advised that as he is on the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel he must be satisfied that the lender is happy with this solution. Are we the client or is Precise Mortgages?
The short answer to your last question is that, notwithstanding the potential for a conflict of interest, you and Precise Mortgages are the client. A precondition to being on the Precise Mortgages approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Precise Mortgages). The CML Handbook conditions require your lawyer to disclose issues such as defects will the lease so that Precise Mortgages can be afforded the opportunity to check with their valuer as to the extent that the value of the property is affected . Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for you.
How up to date is your database of lawyers on the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel? Do Precise Mortgages send you an updated list?
The law firm practices themselves provide us confirmation that they are on the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel as opposed to being supplied with a list from Precise Mortgages directly.
My conveyancers in Manchester have advised me that no longer have my conveyancing file. To assist with my purchase I took out a mortgage with Precise Mortgages. Is it case that being on the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel they need to have retained the file for a number of years?
It very much depends from lender to lender but many of the Terms and Conditions of Conveyancing Panel Appointment require the file to be held for a period of 6 years. That being said we have not seen a copy of the Precise Mortgages Conveyancing Panel Terms. It might be worth you contacting Precise Mortgages directly.
When it comes to mortgage companies such as Precise Mortgages do lawyers have to be pay a fee to be on the conveyancing panel?
We are not aware of any lender fees to be on their panel although some do charge an administration charge to deal with the processing of the conveyancing panel application.
Do the majority of lenders operate their own panel of solicitors?
Many lenders do operate a restricted conveyancing panel but a lot of lenders allow any solicitors to join their panel so long as they meet their criteria. Each lender sets their own criteria. For example the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel requirements are different to Precise Mortgages’s conveyancing panel requirements.
Me and my partner are acquiring a terraced house in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon are preferred to beappointed. My colleaguesuggested that we double-check that the solicitor in Hendon is on the Precise Mortgages solicitors panel. Surely I don't need to do this, do I?
It is not that case that all Hendon conveyancing firms are on the Precise Mortgages conveyancing panel. 7 people a month use our search tool to search for a Hendon conveyancing lawyer on the on the Precise Mortgages approved list of lawyers.