Find a Law Firm approved by Rooftop Mortgages

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Rooftop Mortgages list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find a Law Firm approved by Rooftop Mortgages
Find a Law Firm approved by Rooftop Mortgages

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Rooftop Mortgages Ltd Conveyancing Panel

Rooftop Mortgages Solicitor Panel Sample Enquires to our Call Center

Am I correct in assuming that the fact that my conveyancer is not identified on the Rooftop Mortgages Solicitor panel that there is a problem with the quality of his conveyancing?
That would more than likely be a wrong assumption to make. There are all sorts of perfectly reasonable explanations. A recent report by the solicitors regulator indicated 76% of law firms surveyed had been removed from at least one lender panel. The most common reasons for removal are: (1) lack of transactions (2) the lawyer is a sole practitioner (3) as part of the HSBC panel reduction (4) regulatory contact by SRA (5) accidental removal. If you are concerned you should simply call the firm and ask them why they are no longer on the approved list for Rooftop Mortgages.
My solicitor is asking me for identification documents asserting that this is part of his requirements as a solicitor on the Rooftop Mortgages Conveyancing panel. Can you confirm whether this is the case?
Due to Money Laundering Regulations your conveyancing lawyer is duty bound to confirm positively your identification when entering into a business relationship with you. It is a criminal offense if your lawyer not do this. If you do not provide ID early in the transaction the solicitor must refuse to act for you. It’s unlikely a lawyer will turn you away if you come to the first meeting without relevant ID but you will have to produce it at some point so you might as well bring it with you to the initial meeting so the lawyer can tick the ID verification box and start sorting out the conveyancing straight away. If you are getting a mortgage with Rooftop Mortgages your lawyer also has to check ID documents to satisfy Rooftop Mortgages
Having used your search tool I can't find the lawyer I was hoping to instruct as being on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel. My lawyer has said that they are on the Rooftop Mortgages approved panel. How can I be sure given that they are not listed on your directory?
Not all firms are yet listed on our lender panel search tool which is still relatively new. Law firms are listing on a daily basis and it is probably the case that your lawyer is on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing lawyer and you should probably take them at their word. Please do feel free to suggest that they completing their listing on our site as it would only cost them £1 a month to list themselves as being on the Rooftop Mortgages solicitor panel.
I am buying a right to buy flat and getting a mortgage with Rooftop Mortgages. Conveyancing solicitors are said to be ‘a necessary evil’ but can I do it myself?
Leaving aside the complexities and merits of DIY conveyancing you will have to appoint a solicitor on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel to look after their interests. Most people therefore find it easier to let the solicitor act for them and the lender. Furthermore there is minimal cost savings to made in you doing to conveyancing for yourself and another lawyer conducting the conveyancing for the lender. Please feel free to use the search tool to find a lawyer on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel in your location.
My wife and I have arranged a further advance on our mortgage from Rooftop Mortgages as we wish to carry out a loft conversion to our home. Do we need to appoint a solicitor on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel to deal with the legals?
Rooftop Mortgages do not ordinarily appoint a member of their conveyancing panel to deal with such a matter. If they did require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Rooftop Mortgages panel
On the whole I have been dissatisfied with the level or service received from my lawyer. Is there a Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel complaints department or do I complain directly to the law firm?
Complaining to Rooftop Mortgages about their conveyancing panel is unlikely to yield much of a response. All solicitors and conveyancer must have a complaints procedure. Usually one can find this information from the solicitor’s or conveyancer’s website or ask at their office. They must tell you about it if you ask.

The Legal Ombudsman will make sure that your complaint is properly dealt with by the solicitor. It can also advise you how to complain.

If a licensed conveyancer does not have a complaints procedure or will not tell you about it, contact the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (CLC), which will make sure that your complaint is properly dealt with by the conveyancer. Please see below for more information.

I was told four weeks ago that my mortgage has been agreed to by Rooftop Mortgages. Is it usual for Rooftop Mortgages to only issue the offer once my solicitor is approved on their conveyancing panel?
A lender would not issue an offer until they have details of a lawyer on their panel. It can take a few weeks for Rooftop Mortgages to deal with your lawyers application to be on the Rooftop Mortgages conveyancing panel. There's no guarantee that your solicitors will be accepted.

Other Topics

Transfer of Equity for Rooftop Mortgages

Please note that Lexsure Ltd is in no way associated with nor affiliated with Lexsure Solicitors