Find a Law Firm approved by Scottish Widows

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the Scottish Widows list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find a Law Firm approved by Scottish Widows
Find a Law Firm approved by Scottish Widows

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Scottish Widows Bank plc Conveyancing Panel

Scottish Widows Conveyancing Panel Example Support Desk Enquires

I am expecting a offer of a mortgage from Scottish Widows. I hope to retain the legal services of a Licensed Conveyancer. Does the Scottish Widows Conveyancing panel include Licensed Conveyancers
Scottish Widows’s approved solicitor list is, like many other lenders represented by the Council or Mortgage Lenders or Building Society Association, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.
Our conveyancer has discovered a legal deficiency with the lease for the flat we are buying. The seller’s lawyers have suggested title insurance as a workaround. We are content with insurance and will pay for it. Our solicitor says that as he is on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel he must ensure that the lender is happy with this solution. Who is the client here, us or Scottish Widows?
Just because you have a mortgage offer from Scottish Widows does not mean to say that the property will be meet their requirements for the purposes of a mortgage. Your lawyer has to ensure that the lease has to comply with the CML Handbook Requirements. You and Scottish Widows are the client. The appropriate lender requirements have to be complied with by the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel who has to balance acting for you and Scottish Widows
I have checked your search tool I can't find the lawyer I was hoping to instruct as being on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel. My lawyer has said that they are on the Scottish Widows approved panel. How can I be sure given that they are not listed on your directory?
Not all firms are yet listed on our lender panel search tool which is still relatively new. Law firms are listing on a daily basis and it is probably the case that your lawyer is on the Scottish Widows conveyancing lawyer and you should probably take them at their word. Please do feel free to suggest that they completing their listing on our site as it would only cost them £1 a month to list themselves as being on the Scottish Widows solicitor panel.
I was scheduled to move into my first house two days ago. My lawyer’s firm is on the Scottish Widows solicitors panel but has moved offices 8 weeks ago and had not advised Scottish Widows of their new address. Scottish Widows has locked down the release of mortgage funds as the information from the solicitors isn't correct.
This is as unusual as it is unlucky. The majority of lender Terms of Conveyancing Panel Appointment specifically oblige the solicitor to inform the lender of an address change. Your solicitor needs to treat this with the utmost urgency. Do speak with or register your concern with the senior partner (assuming he or she is not your direct lawyer). Most lenders would be reasonable in this situation and expedite the resolution of this issue. It may be prudent to enlist the help of your local Scottish Widows branch or your mortgage broker to see if they can assist.
How can we tell if a solicitor on the Scottish Widows panel is any good?
seeking recommendations is a good starting point. Before you go ahead check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more will often provide a better service than one which is cheap as chips. We would always suggest that you speak with the solicitor conducting your conveyancing
I was thinking of purchasing my friend’s property. Once we agree a price, what’s the best way to move forward? I plan to obtain a mortgage with Scottish Widows. Is it possible to avoid using solicitors to save us both money? My father said that years ago it was possible to take the documents into the local Land Registry office and they did the rest
If you are getting a mortgage with Scottish Widows involved you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel. We would not encourage you to both use the same solicitors' firm. There are clear conflict of interest issues and it's not going to make a huge difference to the speed of the overall process. So as not to hold things us you should pass on your solicitors details to Scottish Widows. Feel free to use our search tool to look for a licensed conveyancer or solicitor on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel.
For 5 years I had a mortgage with Scottish Widows. My godfather retired last week and wants to pay off the mortgage left on the property. After Scottish Widows is paid, I want to transfer the property to my mother's name; How long does the process take? Do we need two separate solicitors on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel? I do not intend to live at the property once the Scottish Widows mortgage is discharged.
You will need a solicitor but they need not be on the Scottish Widows conveyancing panel. You will need a solicitor to draw up the transfer and to deal with the Land Registry formalities. The only thing you need to consider is that by selling at an undervalue so ask your lawyer about the implications. There could be an inheritance tax issue if you die within 7 years of this. There's no capital gains tax for you as it is your main residence.

Other Topics

Transfer of Equity for Scottish Widows

Please note that Lexsure Ltd is in no way associated with nor affiliated with Lexsure Solicitors