Find a Law Firm
approved by secureTrustBank

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the secureTrustBank list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Secure Trust Bank PLC Conveyancing Panel

Secure Trust Bank Solicitor Panel Example Support Desk Enquires

My financial adviser has informed me that I have to pay Secure Trust Bank fees should I instruct my family lawyer. How good are the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel solicitors? I'm happy to use any solicitor in the country TBH as long as they're good and reasonably priced. Are there any Secure Trust Bank conveyancers you'd recommend?
Secure Trust Bank’s conveyancing panel is pretty large so it would be advisable to check with the firms you are getting quotes from whether they are on it. You can search by postcode on the search tool on this site to find solicitors that Secure Trust Bank will allow to act for them.
My son is about to exchange on a house that has just been built with a mortgage from Secure Trust Bank. His conveyancer has advised him of a delay in completing the ‘Disclosure of Incentive Form’. Who needs to receive the form?
The form is intended to provide information to the main parties involved in the transaction. Therefore, it will be provided to your son’s lawyer who should be on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel as a standard part of the process, and to the surveyor when requested.

The Developer will be required to start the process by downloading the form and completing it.

The form will therefore need to be available for the valuer at the time of his or her site visit. The form should be sent to the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel solicitor as early as possible, in order to avoid any last minute delays, and no later than at exchange of contracts.

I have been Googling for conveyancing quotes online. Can I be confident that all the firms that are identified on your website are on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel?
The law firms listed on our site have advised us that they are on the Secure Trust Bank panel and agreed to advise us to take down their listing in the event of removal off of the Secure Trust Bank panel. To date we have not been informed by either a lender or a member of the public that the data about a specific firm being on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel is not accurate.
I am trying to get my former partner removed the mortgage deeds. Can Secure Trust Bank really insist on which solicitor I can or can not use?
You can use any solicitor you like but Secure Trust Bank then has the right to appoint a different solicitor to act for them at your expense. It might be more cost effective and quicker to instruct a lawyer who is on the Secure Trust Bank solicitors panel
Is it the case that all solicitor firms on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel regulated by the SRA?
As a firm of solicitors, in order to be on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel they would need to be regulated by the SRA. Many lenders do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel in which case such firms would be regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
Two weeks ago we had a mortgage agreed in principle with Secure Trust Bank. Solicitors have been appointed? How long does it take for Secure Trust Bank to send the offer to our conveyancer
Some lenders take longer than others. Have Secure Trust Bank completed the valuation? Have you advised Secure Trust Bank as your lawyers details and checked that your lawyer is on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel? It is not unusual for a mortgage offer to take a month to come through
It is not clear whether my mortgage offer obliges me to make sure the lease term for the flat is extended prior to the completion date . I have telephoned Secure Trust Bank on numerous occasions and told it wasn't a problem and they would lend. My solicitor - who is on the Secure Trust Bank conveyancing panel- telephoned and was told not they would not lend in accordance with their CML Handbook minimum lease term requirements. Who do I believe?
As long as the conveyancer is on the Secure Trust Bank panel she or he must comply with the CML Handbook requirements for Secure Trust Bank. Unless your lawyer obtains specific confirmation in writing that Secure Trust Bank will go ahead your lawyer has no choice but to refrain from exchanging contract and committing you to the purchase. We would suggest that you ask Secure Trust Bank to contact your lawyer in writing confirming that they will accept the remaining number of years left on the lease.