Find a De Beauvoir Town Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in De Beauvoir Town? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your De Beauvoir Town home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised De Beauvoir Town conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in De Beauvoir Town

My husband and I are planning to buy a 3 bedroom apartment in De Beauvoir Town with a mortgage. We would like to retain our De Beauvoir Town solicitor, but the lender advise she’s not on their "panel". We have to appoint one of the bank panel firms or keep our De Beauvoir Town solicitor and pay for one of their panel lawyers to represent them. This feels very unfair; can we not require that the lender use our De Beauvoir Town conveyancing practitioner ?

No, not really. Your mortgage offer is subject to its terms and conditions, one of which will be that lawyers will on the bank’s conveyancing panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. Another option that might be available is for your De Beauvoir Town conveyancing lawyer to apply to be on the conveyancing panel.

We're in De Beauvoir Town, First time buyers buying with a mortgage (lender is Aldermore , and our solicitor is on the Aldermore conveyancing panel). How long should the conveyancing process take?

The fact that your lawyer is on the Aldermore conveyancing panel is a help. It would almost certainly delay matters if they were not. However, no property lawyer should guarantee a timeframe for your conveyancing, due to third parties outside of your control such as delays caused by lenders,conveyancing search providers or by the other side’s solicitors. The time taken is often determined by the number of parties in a chain.

What will a local search inform me about the property we're buying in De Beauvoir Town?

De Beauvoir Town conveyancing often commences with the ordering local authority searches directly from your local Authority or through a personal search company for example PSG The local search plays a central role in most De Beauvoir Town conveyancing purchase; that is if you don’t want any nasty surprises after you move into your property. The search should reveal data on, amongst other things, details on planning applications relevant to the premises (whether granted or refused), building control history, any enforcement action, restrictions on permitted development, nearby road schemes, contaminated land and radon gas; in all a total of 13 topic headings.

Are there restrictive covenants that are commonly picked up as part of conveyancing in De Beauvoir Town?

Restrictive covenants can be picked up when reviewing land registry title as part of the process of conveyancing in De Beauvoir Town. An 1874 stipulation that was seen was ‘The houses to be erected on the estate are each to be of a uniform elevation in accordance with the drawings to be prepared or approved by the vendor’s surveyor…’

I'm purchasing a bungalow in De Beauvoir Town. I have found my conveyancer's company on the Law Society's list, but I can't locate my lawyer's name on the list. Should I be concerned?

Not all staff in the law firm must be listed by the regulator. Provided there is someone qualified to 'oversee' the work, the actual day-to-day activity can be undertaken by unqualified staff.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

De Beauvoir Town

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.