Find a Hawes Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Hawes? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Hawes conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Hawes conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Hawes

My IFA has requested my Hawes solicitor’s panel member for the Santander conveyancing panel. What is the best way to discover this. I have tried my local Hawes branch but they cant find it on their system.

Have you tried contacting your Hawes solicitor about this?. Most Hawes law firms will retain a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable, their conveyancing panel details for each lender.

Do the conveyancing solicitors identified via your search tool handle auction conveyancing in Hawes?

There are a few auction solicitors we can connect you with those specialising in auction conveyancing. Hawes is just one of our locations in which our lawyers cover.

My property lawyer in Hawes has never been on on the Godiva Mortgages Ltd Conveyancing Panel. Is it possible for me to continue with my prefered solicitor even though they are not on the Godiva Mortgages Ltd approved list?

Your options are as follows:

  1. Complete the purchase with your existing Hawes solicitors but Godiva Mortgages Ltd will need to instruct a solicitor on their list of acceptable firms. This will inevitably rack up the total conveyancing fees and result in frustration.
  2. Get a new lawyer to to deal with the purchase, not forgetting to check they are Persuade your solicitor to do everything within their powers to join the Godiva Mortgages Ltd conveyancing panel

My wife and I are buying a flat in Hawes. I might seem paranoid but how we can trust a lawyer? On the day of competition we will need to send funds into their account. What protection do we have from them run away with our monies?

Be assured that all money in a Solicitors client account is 100% safe, and even if your Solicitor ran off with it, the Law Society would reimburse you fully.

A relative pointed out to me me that in buying a property in Hawes there could be various restrictions prohibiting external changes to a property. Is this right?

We are aware of anumerous of properties in Hawes which have some sort of restriction or requirement of consent to execute external variations. Part of the conveyancing in Hawes should determine what restrictions are applicable and advising you as part of a ROT that should be sent to you.

Aldermore have agreed my mortgage in principle, my bid on a apartment in Hawes has been agreed to, what are the next steps?

The property agent will want to know who your solicitors are (ensure that the conveyancing practitioners are on the bank’s approved list). Telephone Aldermore or your broker and finish off any appropriate paperwork. Aldermore will sellect a valuer who will get in touch with the estate agent or owners to arrange a time for the valuation to take place. Once carried out (assuming no problems) it takes on average a week to receive the mortgage offer. Aldermore will send the offer to you and your lawyers. The legal work will then take it’s course according the nature and complexity of the conveyancing in Hawes.

The deeds to my home are lost. The solicitors who did the conveyancing in Hawes 10 years ago are no longer around. Will I be able to sell the house?

As long as the title is registered the details of your ownership will be held by HMLR under a Title Number. It is easy to conduct a search at the Land Registry, find your house and order current copies of the Registered Entries for a small fee. Where the title is Leasehold then the Land Registry will usually hold a file copy of the Registered Lease and again, a copy can be ordered for £20 inclusive of VAT.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Yorkshire Dales

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.