Find a Lisson Grove Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Lisson Grove? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Lisson Grove transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Lisson Grove conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Lisson Grove

Would the conveyancing solicitors to be found on your site execute auction conveyancing in Lisson Grove?

We know of a few niche solicitors we can connect you with those who can conduct auction conveyancing. Lisson Grove is one of the many areas of in which our lawyers have a presence.

I am the sole beneficiary of my late mum's will with all property in now in my sole name, including the my former home in Lisson Grove. The Lisson Grove property was put into my name in March. I plan to dispose of the house. I do know about the Mortgage Lenders six month 'rule', meaning my proprietorship could be treated the same way as though I had purchased the property in March. Will no one buy the property for half a year?

The Council of Mortgage Lenders’ handbook obliges solicitors to: "report to us immediately if the owner or registered proprietor has been registered for less than six months." By the strict wording you could be affected by that. Some mortgage companies would take a practical view as this obligation chiefly exists to pick up on subsales or the wholesaling and assigning of properties.

I'm in the throws of viewing apartments in Lisson Grove and I am about to put in an offer. Is it too early to have a solicitor in place? I intend to finance via a mortgage with Coventry BS.

You should start requesting conveyancing estimates from solicitors ASAP. After you have chosen your lawyer and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and pass their contact information on to the estate agent. Given that you are obtaining a mortgage with Coventry BS, make sure you remember to check that your lawyer is on the Coventry BS conveyancing panel.

I have a mortgage with Virgin Money for my property in Lisson Grove. Conveyancing has been completed some time ago. Should I wish to rent out the flat and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Virgin Money?

You must advise Virgin Money before letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of Virgin Money’s mortgage conditions. In many cases banks or building societies will allow you to rent out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Virgin Money directly. It should not be necessary to do this via a Virgin Money conveyancing panel solicitor.

I decided to have a survey completed on a property in Lisson Grove ahead of instructing lawyers. I have been told that there is a flying freehold element to the property. Our surveyor advised that some banks tend refuse to issue a loan on this type of property.

It varies from the lender to lender. Bank of Scotland has different instructions for example to Birmingham Midshires. If you contact us we can check via the appropriate lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Lisson Grove. Conveyancing may be slightly more expensive based on your lender's requirements.

I am looking into buying my first house which is in Lisson Grove and I am already nervous. I couldn't find anything specific about Lisson Grove. Conveyancing will be needed in due course but do you know about the Lisson Grove area? or perhaps some other tips you can share?

Rather than looking online forget looking online you should go and have a look at Lisson Grove. In the meantime here are some basic statistics that we found

How does one remove a deceased person's name from the title register for a property in Lisson Grove?

If a Lisson Grove property is co-owned and one of the proprietors dies, their name will not automatically be removed from the title deeds. You are not required to amend the title as in the event of a disposal you would just be asked to supply proof why the other proprietor is missing from the contract, such as a grant of probate.

With the aim of making things simpler for the sale of the property you may apply to have the deceased person removed from the title by submitting an application to HMLR with evidence of the death. There is no land registry fee payable.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

St John's Wood
Primrose Hill
Lisson Grove

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.