Find a Law Firm
approved by CynergyBank

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the CynergyBank list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Cynergy Bank Conveyancing Panel

Cynergy Bank Conveyancing Panel : Questions and Answers

The conveyancer my husband and I had intended to instruct on a purchase said she would charge more if my mortgage is with Cynergy Bank due to their difficult processes! Am I likely to be frustrated using Cynergy Bank? Any comments will be appreciated
Cynergy Bank conveyancing requirements for their panel are no better or no more complicated than most lenders. It is the case now the CML Handbook, the "bible" used by solicitors to establish lender requirements, is different for each lender. It is not clear if your lawyer is on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel. If they are not, this does add further risk of delay as Cynergy Bank will appoint their own solicitors to look after their interest.
We are due to exchange on the purchase a house but as a result of damage from the recent storms I have agreed compensation from the seller of £3k approx by way of a reduction in the price. This was going to be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process but my mortgage company Cynergy Bank will not agree to this. Why was Cynergy Bank even consulted?
Your lawyer being on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel is duty bound to inform Cynergy Bank of any changes to the purchase price. If you were to refuse your lawyers to disclose the reduction to Cynergy Bank then they would have to discontinue acting for you and Cynergy Bank.
Your search tool is useful but there are many lawyers listed near Chelsea on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel. Can you recommend a specific firm on the conveyancing panel for Cynergy Bank ?
We do not recommend specific firms as the right firm for you depends on where your priorities lie. For example you may require a local firm with local knowledge or you might be looking for the low cost conveyancing. Before you appoint your lawyer we advise you to speak to two or three of the firms listed to gain comfort as to which one is right for you..
We're in Birmingham, First timers buying with a mortgage (lender is Cynergy Bank , but our lawyer is on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel). How long should the conveyancing process take?
The fact that your lawyer is on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel is a help. It would almost certainly delay matters if they were not. However, no conveyancer should guarantee a time-frame for your conveyancing due to third parties outside of our control such as delays caused by lenders,conveyancing search providers or by the other side’s solicitors. The time taken is often determined by the number of parties in a chain
How can we tell if a solicitor on the Cynergy Bank panel is any good?
seeking recommendations is a sensible starting point. Before you go ahead check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more will often provide a better service than one which is cheap as chips. We would always suggest that you speak with the lawyer carrying out your conveyancing
We expect to receive a DIP from Cynergy Bank this week so we know how much we could potentially offer as otherwise we are dependent on web based calculators (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc).Do the Cynergy Bank recommend a solicitor on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel, or is it better to find our own lawyer
You will need to appoint solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Cynergy Bank conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and the Cynergy Bank through the process.
I have paid off my mortgage with Cynergy Bank. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the Cynergy Bank panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?
If you have finished paying off your Cynergy Bank mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Cynergy Bank mortgage from the register. Cynergy Bank,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the Cynergy Bank has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the Cynergy Bank has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Cynergy Bank mortgage has been paid off.