Find a Law Firm
approved by HodgeLife

Ready to buy a new home? Failing to check that a lawyer is on the HodgeLife list of approved solicitors can put your transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Find an Approved Solicitor on the Hodge Life Conveyancing Panel

Common questions asked concerning the Hodge Life Solicitor Panel

I am obtaining a mortgage with Hodge Life. I hope to use a Licensed Conveyancer. Does the Hodge Life Conveyancing panel exclude Licensed Conveyancers
Hodge Life’s conveyancing panel is, like many other lenders associated to the CML or BSA, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.
Please help. My lawyer is informing me me that she is duty-bound to conduct a Local Authority search as the firm are on the Hodge Life solicitor panel. The searches cost a lot of money. Can this be avoided?
You have limited options available to you. Given that you are taking out a loan with Hodge Life your lawyer has to comply with their conditions as set out in their version of the CML Conveyancing Handbook. Your lawyer would have previously signed the Terms and Conditions of Hodge Life’s conveyancing panel appointment which obliges them to follow the CML Handbook requirements last updated Hodge Life. even if you were a cash buyer you would be ill advised not to carry out a local authority search.
I note that you have a search directory identifying law firms on the Hodge Life conveyancing panel. Do firms pay you a commission if I instruct them for my own conveyancing?
We are a listing service only for law firms wishing to communicate if they are on the Hodge Life conveyancing panel or other lender panels. We do not charge referral fees to the any conveyancer that you subsequently appoint.
I am thinking of remortgaging my property does my lawyer have to be on the Hodge Life Conveyancing panel?
In theory, you could use a solicitor that is not on Hodge Life conveyancing panel, but Hodge Life would require one of their panel solicitors to be instructed to act in their interests, and you'd have to pay for this - so most people instruct a panel solicitor. It's also easier, as otherwise you'd have to deal with two solicitors for the same conveyancing matter.
I have today made my last payment due on mortgage with Hodge Life. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the Hodge Life panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?
If you have finished paying off your Hodge Life mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Hodge Life mortgage from the register. Hodge Life,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the Hodge Life has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the Hodge Life has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Hodge Life mortgage has been paid off.
I am due to exchange contracts on my house. I had a double glazing fitted in month 8 but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's lender, Hodge Life are being pedantic. The solicitor who is on the Hodge Life conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but Hodge Life are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Hodge Life have a conveyancing panel of they don’t accept advice from them?
It is probably the case that Hodge Life have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Hodge Life may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing correctly and safely installed. It merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.
Next month my fiance and I are remortgaging a garden flat in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon are about to beretained. My brokersuggested that we double-check that the conveyancing practitioner in Hendon is on the Hodge Life solicitors panel. Aren't all lawyers on the Hodge Life panel?
It is not that case that all Hendon conveyancing practices are on the Hodge Life conveyancing panel. 8 people a month use our search tool to find a Hendon conveyancing lawyer on the on the Hodge Life list of approved conveyancing firms.