Find a Chinatown Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Chinatown? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Chinatown transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Chinatown conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Chinatown

I have just started taking steps with the aim of transferring my existing standard home loan to a Buy to Let Bank of Ireland mortgage. The bank has said that I need a lawyer as part of the process. I had a chat my previous Chinatown conveyancing solicitor who dealt with the legals when I originally acquired the premises. The quote supplied of £550 is surprising as I am not require purchase conveyancing - it’s just a straightforward remortgage.

The charges appear a tad high. If you you were to look around you may be able to trim some of the cost by perhaps a hundred pounds. That being said, providing that you were content with the conveyancing the firm provided you couldlive to rue choosing an an untested solicitor. Don't forget to check that the firm can also act for Bank of Ireland. You can employ our search tool to select a Chinatown conveyancing firm on the Bank of Ireland approved list of lawyers, which can often include conveyancing solicitors in Chinatown.

We are selling our property in Chinatown and the buyers lawyers are claiming that there is a risk of it being built land that was not decontaminated. Any local conveyancer would know that there is no such problem. It does beg the question why the purchasers used a factory type conveyancing firm rather than a conveyancing solicitor in Chinatown. We have lived in Chinatown for many years we know of no issue. Should we contact our local Authority to obtain confirmation that the buyers are looking for.

It sounds as though you may have a conveyancing firm already. What do they say? You must enquire of your lawyer before you do anything. It is very possible that once the local authority has been informed of a potential issue it cannot be insured against (a bit like being diagnosed with a serious illness and then taking out life insurance to cover that same illness)

I am selling my property. My previous solicitors closed down. I am in need of a recommendation of a conveyancing firm. Im based in Chinatown if that makes things easier.

Do use our search tool to help you choose a solicitor for your conveyancing in Chinatown. We have connected thousands of home buyers and sellers with lender approved solicitors to ensure that the legalities of their house move goes with a minimum of fuss.

I need to instruct a conveyancing solicitor for my conveyancing in Chinatown. I happened to land on a site which looks to be the perfect offering If there is a chance to get all this stuff completed via email that would be preferable. Do I need to be wary? What are the potential pitfalls?

As usual with these online conveyancers you need to read ALL the small print - did you notice the extra charge for dealing with the mortgage?

Last November I purchased a leasehold property in Chinatown. Do I have any liability for service charges for periods before completion of my purchase?

In a situation where the service charge has already been demanded from the previous owner and they have not paid you would not usually be personally liable for the arrears. Strange as it may seem, your landlord may still be able to take action to forfeit the lease. A critical element of leasehold conveyancing for your conveyancer to ensure to have an up to date clear service charge receipt before completion of your purchase. If you have a mortgage this is likely to be a requirement of your lender.

If you purchase part way through an accounting year you may be liable for charges not yet demanded even if they relate to a period prior to your purchase. In such circumstances your conveyancer would normally arrange for the seller to set aside some money to cover their part of the period (usually called a service charge retention).

After months of correspondence we cannot agree with our landlord on how much the lease extension should cost for our flat in Chinatown. Can we issue an application to the Residential Property Tribunal Service?

Where there is a missing freeholder or where there is disagreement about the premium for a lease extension, under the relevant legislation it is possible to make an application to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal to make a decision on the amount due.

An example of a Freehold Enfranchisement matter before the tribunal for a Chinatown property is 36 New Wanstead in August 2010. The Tribunal arrived at a valuation of the premium for the freehold of £22,359. This case was in relation to 2 flats. The unexpired residue of the current lease was 73.92 years.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.