Find a South West London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in South West London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your South West London transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised South West London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in South West London

Having sold my house in South West London last November yet the purchaser is e-mailing every few hours to say her solicitor is waiting to hear from mine. What should have happened following completion?

Following your sale your lawyer should deliver the transfer deeds and all supplemental paperwork to the purchaser's lawyers. Depending on the transaction, your lawyer must also send confirmation that the mortgage has been repaid to the purchasers solicitors. There are no post completion tasks peculiar conveyancing in South West London.

When it comes to mortgage companies such as Coventry BS, do South West London conveyancers have to pay a yearly amount to be on the list of approved solicitors?

We are not aware of any lender fees to register on their list of approved firms, although some do levy an administration charge to deal with the processing of the conveyancing panel application.

is it true that all South West London solicitors on the Skipton conveyancing panel are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority?

As solicitors, in order to be on the Skipton conveyancing panel they would need to be governed by the SRA. Some banks do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel and in that case the organisation would be overseen by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.

I am selling my apartment. I had a double glazing fitted in April 2008, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My purchaser’s lender, TSB are being problematic. The South West London solicitor who is on the TSB conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but TSB are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do TSB have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that TSB have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why TSB may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

I used Arc property Solicitors several years past for my conveyancing in South West London. I now require my file however the law firm has closed. What do I do?

Do call the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) to assist in tracing your conveyancing files. They can be contacted on please contact on 0870 606 2555. Alternatively, you should use their online form to make an enquiry. You will need to provide the SRA with as much information as possible to assist their search, including the name and address in South West London of the conveyancing firm of solicitors you previously retained, the name of conveyancing solicitor with whom you had dealings, and the date on which you last had dealings with the firm.

In sourcing the internet for the words cheap conveyancing in South West London it reveals numerous conveyancersin the vicinity. How do I determine which is the right conveyancer for purchase transaction?

The ideal method of choosing the right conveyancer is via personal recommendation, so ask friends and those you trust who have bought a property in South West London or a respected estate agent or financial adviser. Costs for conveyancing in South West London differ, so it's sensible to secure a minimum of three costs illustrations from varying types of conveyancers. Dont forget to clarify that the costs are assured not to to be inflated.

I have given up trying to purchase the freehold in South West London. Can this matter be resolved via the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal?

Absolutely. We are happy to put you in touch with a South West London conveyancing firm who can help.

An example of a Lease Extension matter before the tribunal for a South West London residence is First Floor Flat 117A Claude Road in July 2012. the Tribunal held that the premium payable by the leaseholder for the lease extension should be £6,000. This case related to 1 flat. The remaining number of years on the lease was 77.64 years.

When it comes to leasehold conveyancing in South West London what are the most frequent lease problems?

There is nothing unique about leasehold conveyancing in South West London. Most leases are individual and legal mistakes in the legal wording can sometimes mean that certain provisions are missing. The following missing provisions could result in a defective lease:

    A duty to insure the building

A defective lease can cause problems when trying to sell a property primarily because it impacts on the ability to obtain a mortgage on the property. Barclays , The Mortgage Works, and Godiva Mortgages Ltd all have very detailed requirements when it comes to what is expected in a lease. Where a lender has been advised by their lawyers that the lease is defective they may refuse to grant the mortgage, forcing the purchaser to pull out.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.