Find a Hexham Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Hexham? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Hexham transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Hexham conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Hexham

Why would one use a Hexham conveyancing firm when web based alternatives are cheap by comparison?

By all means make sure that you contrast conveyancing costs in Hexham and you should seek an affordable quote but don’t waste your energy hunting for the lowest priced Hexham conveyancer. Identifying the right conveyancer can be the distinction between a seamless and a stressful house move. You need to ensure that you have expert guidance from a trusted solicitor. An e-mail can never replace a phone discussion and are no substitute for a one to one appointment. Our partner firms will find you a qualified and experienced conveyancing solicitor who can tackle your conveyancing from from the outset to completion, providing a level of personalised service that you will never get with an online conveyancer. Our lawyers will contact you regularly to update you on progress and keep you informed. Should it ever be necessary to phone the firm you will know who to ask for and they will be sure you are kept fully informed.

AssumingI were to acquire a simple residential propertyin Hexham for cash and have no survey and no conveyancing searches how much should I expect to to save on my conveyancing in Hexham?

Any savings you would achieve would be limited to the disbursement for searches. Your conveyancing practitioner still be obliged to do everything else - money laundering, liaising with your vendors lawyer, stamp duty return, register the property etc. A slight saving might be made by not needing to register a charge but it won't be a lot.

I am purchasing a property in Hexham. One unusual aspect is that the roof has a solar panel. Aldermore have issued a mortgage offer so presumably this is not a concern to them. Why is my solicitor raising questions about the panel?

As you are obtaining a mortgage with Aldermore your lawyer must comply with the formal instructions outlined in Section two of UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Aldermore. The Council of Mortgage Lenders’ Handbook sets out minimum conditions for solar panel roof-space leases, and property lawyers are required to report to Aldermore where a lease fails to meet these provisions. The requirements relate to the installation of panels on properties countrywide and is not limited to Hexham.

The formalities of my remortgage has taken place for my property in Hexham. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I would like to complain about the lender. How does one go about formally complaining?

Most lenders have complaints procedures. Your first point of contact should be one of the lender’s branches or the Customer Care Department at head office. Ordinarily complaints to a lender are sorted out very quickly. If you feel the matter is not resolved you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.

I recently had an offer agreed on an apartment in Hexham. My mortgage broker suggested a conveyancing practitioner. I paid an on account payment of £150. Soon after, the conveyancer contacted me to say that they were not on the RBS conveyancing panel. Am I right in thinking that I should be due a refund?

You should be able to recover this from the law firm if they were not on the RBS panel. They should have asked at the outset which lender you were obtaining a mortgage with. An important lesson to readers of this site is to check that the lawyers are on the appropriate lender panel.

My brother has recommend that I instruct his conveyancers in Hexham. Do I take his advice?

No doubt the ideal way to select a conveyancing solicitor is to have guidance from friends or family who have actually used the conveyancer you're contemplating using.

I am an executor of my recently deceased parent's Will, with a house in Hexham which will be sold. The bungalow is unregistered at the Land Registry and I'm advised that some estate agents will insist that it is in place before they will proceed. What's the mechanism for this?

In the situation that you have set out it seems advisable to seek to register in the names of the personal representative(s) as named in the probate and in their capacity as PRs. HMLR’s online guidance explains how to register for the first time and what is required re the deeds and forms. You would need to include and certified copy of the probate as well and complete the form FR1 to refer to the PRs as the applicant.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Haydon Bridge
Riding Mill

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.