Find a Tedburn St Mary Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Tedburn St Mary? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Tedburn St Mary conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Tedburn St Mary conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary

My friend's mother is a conveyancer. I am hopeful that I'll be able to get friends and family fee for conveyancing, but if not, what level of costs would I typically be looking at for conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary?

It’s sensible to obtain multiple conveyancing quotes. Make use of our search tool on this site. The fees seem to contrast greatly but service levels do differ between solicitors as is true with most professions.

My fiancee and I are acquiring our first home. Our conveyancer has messagedto ask if we want to purchase supplemental conveyancing searches. As novices we are clueless as to what's necessary for conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary

The type of Tedburn St Mary conveyancing searches should be triggered based entirely on the premises, the location, the possibility of any of these risks, your knowledge of the region and risks, your general attitude to risk. What is important is that you adequately understand what information each search could supply. You may then make a decision if you personally think you need that information. If unsure, ask the property lawyer to explain.

Have just purchased a probate house at auction in Tedburn St Mary. Conveyancing is required. What happens now?

Given that you are now legally bound yourself to purchase you must instruct a conveyancing practitioner soon as you are faced with a tight a fixed date to complete the transaction. Every auction property should have a bespoke auction pack. This should include evidence of title and search results. If you have purchased leasehold premises the auction pack should contain a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and other conveyancing paperwork specific to a leasehold property. You should pass this on to your appointed conveyancing solicitor as soon as possible. Do make sure that your finances are organised to complete on the date specified in the contract.

I have today made my last payment due on my mortgage with UBS. I assume I don't need a Tedburn St Mary solicitor on the UBS panel to discharge the mortgage at the Land Registry. Please confirm.

If you have finished paying off your UBS mortgage, they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the UBS mortgage from the register. UBS, and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage:

  1. but are not moving to another property
  2. where UBS has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and
  3. UBS has instructed the Land Registry to do so
The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your UBS mortgage has been paid off.

I am selling my house. I had a double glazing fitted in December 2010, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's lender, Leeds Building Society are being a right pain. The Tedburn St Mary solicitor who is on the Leeds Building Society conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but Leeds Building Society are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Leeds Building Society have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Leeds Building Society have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Leeds Building Society may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

How does conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build or newly converted property in Tedburn St Mary come to us having been asked by the seller to sign contracts and commit to the purchase even before the premises is completed. This is because house builders in Tedburn St Mary usually buy the real estate, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct property lawyers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are used to new build conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary or who has acted in the same development.

What type of premises does your Tedburn St Mary conveyancing quotes apply to?

Our conveyancing quotes are only applicable to standard domestic premises in England & Wales. Should you have any different needs for example industrial or agricultural property or commercial conveyancing in Tedburn St Mary you should contact us to consider your requirements .

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Tedburn St Mary
Bovey Tracey

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.