Find a Binfield Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Binfield? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Binfield transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Binfield conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Binfield

We are buying a 1 bedroom flat in Binfield with a mortgage. We would like to retain our Binfield lawyer, however the mortgage company says she’s not on their "panel". We have to appoint one of the lender panel solicitors or keep our Binfield conveyancer and pay for one of their panel ones to act for them. We feel that this is unjust; is there anything we can do?

Unfortunately,no. The mortgage offered to you is subject to its terms and conditions, one of which will be that lawyers will on the bank’s conveyancing panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your Binfield conveyancing solicitor to apply to be on the conveyancing panel.

Can you help? My Binfield solicitor is advising me that she is duty bound toapply for Binfield conveyancing searches asthe firm are on the Lloydsconveyancing panel. Is this really necessary?

Unfortunately both you and your lawyer have little choice here. Given that you are taking out a loan with a mortgage company your property lawyer has to comply with their conditions as set out in their version of the CML Conveyancing Handbook. Your conveyancing practitioner would have previously signed the Terms and Conditions of your lender’s conveyancing panel appointment which obliges them to comply with the CML Handbook specifications . Even if you were a cash buyer you would be ill advised not to carry out Binfield conveyancing searches.

Do the Building Society Association intend to launch a search tool with a view to list firms on the Loughborough BS conveyancing panel for example in Binfield?

We would not expect to be advised of any plans on the part of the BSA to promote such a search facility.

I am downsizing from my property. My past lawyers have shut. I would be grateful for any recommendation of a conveyancing firm. I happen to live in Binfield if that affects matters.

Do use our search tool to help you choose a solicitor for your conveyancing in Binfield. We have connected thousands of home buyers and sellers with lender approved solicitors to ensure that the legalities of their house move runs with a minimum of fuss.

Me and my partner are first time buyers just having agreed a price on a property in Binfield, and are now looking to get solicitors lined up. We have made use of the different rating tools and the results are from all over the country. Is it important to have a Binfield lawyer local to our potential house? I am content to do everything electronically, but I assume at some point we may be required to physically go into the conveyancing practitioner's office to sign contracts?

There is no requirement to physically visit the office of your solicitor, they can send any relevant papers to you, which you can sign and send back. Many home movers prefer to use a locally based solicitor, but it is not a prerequisite for conveyancing in Binfield.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations


Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.