Find a Burton Joyce Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Burton Joyce? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Burton Joyce transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Burton Joyce conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Burton Joyce

My friend suggested that where I am purchasing in Burton Joyce I should carry out a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

This is a search is usually quoted for as part of the standard Burton Joyce conveyancing searches. It is not a small report of more than thirty pages, listing and detailing significant information about Burton Joyce around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the local Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the demographics of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average House Prices, Crime details, Local Education with maps and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful data about Burton Joyce.

My wife and I purchased a terraced Edwardian house in Burton Joyce. Conveyancing solicitor represented me and Barclays . I happened to do a free search for it on the Land Registry database and I saw a couple of entries: one for freehold, the second leasehold with the matching property. I'd like to know for sure, how can I find out??

You should assess the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register for mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered proprietor of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Burton Joyce and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they mortgage they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with purchasers. You can also enquire as to the situation with the conveyancing practitioner who completed the work.

I'm purchasing a new build house in Burton Joyce with a mortgage from Bank of Scotland. The developers refused to reduce the amount so I negotiated 6k of additionals instead. The house builders rep advised me not to tell my conveyancer about the extras as it would impact my loan with the lender. Do I keep my lawyer in the dark?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the developer of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Due to the guidance of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Burton Joyce in advance of instructing solicitors. I have been informed that there is a flying freehold element to the property. Our surveyor has said that some banks tend refuse to give a mortgage on a flying freehold house.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Lloyds has different requirements from Nationwide. Should you wish to telephone us we can check via the relevant mortgage company. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Burton Joyce. Conveyancing can be more complicated and therefore you should check with your conveyancing solicitor in Burton Joyce to see if the conveyancing will be more expensive.

Is planning consent needed to split a single dwelling into multiple flats in Burton Joyce? This has been done to a property next door to my home in Burton Joyce and was unaware of the conversion until it was finished.

Planning consent is needed for splitting a single house in Burton Joyce into apartments but possibly not for reverting back to single dwelling-house so, simply put, yes,a it is required.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.