Find a Dewsbury Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Dewsbury? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Dewsbury home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Dewsbury conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Dewsbury

Due to complete my purchase in Dewsbury next Tuesday. My property lawyer now wants me to supply her with evidence of content and building insurance for the property as as she informs me that she is duty bound to validate that it is in order for the mortgage company. What does the insurance need to cover?

Any lawyer on acting for banks would need to check that the following risks are covered fire; lightning; aircraft; explosion; earthquake; storm; flood; escape of water or oil; riot; malicious damage; theft or attempted theft; falling trees and branches and aerials; subsidence; heave;landslip;collision;accidental damage to underground services;professional fees, demolition and site clearance costs; and public liability to anyone else. There are some other issues such as the level of excess that are set out in a lender’s Part 2 conditions. These obligations are not unique to conveyancing in Dewsbury.

We see that you have a search directory identifying law firms on the Kent Reliance conveyancing panel. Do companies pay you a referral fee if I retain them for our own conveyancing in Dewsbury?

We are a listing service only for law firms wishing to communicate if they are on the Kent Reliance conveyancing panel or other lender panels. We do not charge referral fees to any conveyancer that you subsequently appoint for your conveyancing in Dewsbury.

Will my conveyancing lawyers need to check that the building insurance when buying a house in Dewsbury. My lender is Platform

Platform have specific requirements as set out in the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook. As of 16/2/2019, the requirements read as follows :

I have recentlydiscovered that Arc property Solicitors have been shut down. They carried out my conveyancing in Dewsbury for a purchase of a leasehold apartment 12 months ago. How can I check that the property is registered correctly in the name of the former proprietor?

The easiest method to check if the property is registered to you, you can make a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Dewsbury conveyancing specialists.

We have an offer in principle from Barclays who said that they will lend up to £117k. At what point do I need to appoint a lawyer for conveyancing? Dewsbury is where we are buying.

It would be wise to instruct a conveyancer now and ask them to open a file on your behalf. This will kickstart: 1) the estate agent to issue a Sales Memorandum to the relevant parties 2) the seller’s property lawyer to send out the draft agreement. However, do not ask your conveyancing practitioner to start searches until you receive your valuation report from Barclays and you are content to proceed.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.