Find a Greater Manchester Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Greater Manchester? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Greater Manchester home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Greater Manchester conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Greater Manchester

Is the fact that my conveyancer in Greater Manchester is not identified on my bank's solicitor panel that there is a problem with the quality of the firm’s conveyancing?

It would be unwise to jump to that conclusion. There are plenty of plausible explanations. Just recently a report by the solicitors regulator revealed that over three quarters of law firms surveyed had been removed from at least one lender panel. The most common reasons for removal are: (1) lack of transactions (2) the solicitor is a sole practitioner (3) as part of the HSBC panel reduction (4) regulatory contact by SRA (5) accidental removal. Should you be concerned you should contact the Greater Manchester conveyancing firm and enquire why they are no longer on the approved list for your bank.

Are the BSA planning on creating a search tool with a view to to identify solicitors on the Norwich and Peterborough Building Society conveyancing panel for instance in Greater Manchester?

We have not been informed any plans on the part of the BSA to develop such a register.

What can a local search reveal regarding the house I am buying in Greater Manchester?

Greater Manchester conveyancing often commences with the ordering local authority searches directly from your local Authority or via a personal search organisations such as Searches UK The local search plays an important part in most Greater Manchester conveyancing purchase; as long as you don’t want any nasty once you have moved into your new home. The search will provide information on, amongst other things, details on planning applications applicable to the premises (whether granted or refused), building control history, any enforcement action, restrictions on permitted development, nearby road schemes, contaminated land and radon gas; in all a total of thirteen topic headings.

I'm refinancing my primary property to a buy to let mortgage with HSBC Bank and I will use the ballance of the raised equity towards another house. The location we are interested in is Greater Manchester. Will your solicitors be able to act for the two lenders and tie in the transactions?

Do use our search tool on this site to be sure that the conveyancers are approved by both banks. On the basis that they are your conveyancer will be able to tie up the two transactions but you should talk with you conveyancer and communicate your expectations and needs.

Back In 2007, I bought a leasehold house in Greater Manchester. Conveyancing and National Westminster Bank mortgage are in place. A letter has just been received from someone saying they have taken over the reversionary interest in the property. Attached was a demand for arrears of ground rent dating back to 1998. The conveyancing solicitor in Greater Manchester who acted for me is not around. Any advice?

The first thing you should do is contact HMLR to be sure that this person is indeed the new freeholder. It is not necessary to incur the fees of a Greater Manchester conveyancing solicitor to do this as you can do this on the Land Registry website for £3. Rest assured that regardless, even if this is the legitimate freeholder, under the Limitation Act 1980 the limitation period for recovery of ground rent is six years.

Greater Manchester Leasehold Conveyancing - Examples of Questions you should ask Prior to Purchasing

    Make sure you investigate if there are any onerous prohibitions in the lease. For instance some leases prohibit pets being permitted in certain buildings in Greater Manchester. If you love the apartmentin Greater Manchester however your dog can’t live with you then you have a very difficult compromise. What is the name of the managing agents? The majority of Greater Manchester leasehold apartments will incur a service charge for maintenance of the block set by the management company. If you acquire the property you will have to pay this amount, normally in instalments accross the year. This can be anything from a couple of hundred pounds to thousands of pounds for buildings with lifts and large common grounds. There will also be a ground rent to be met yearly, normally this is not a large amount, say around £50-£100 but you need to enquire it because occasionally it can be surprisingly expensive.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.