Find a Mitcham Junction Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Mitcham Junction? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Mitcham Junction transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Mitcham Junction conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Mitcham Junction

What is the first thing I need to know regarding purchase conveyancing in Mitcham Junction?

You may not hear this from too many lawyers but conveyancing in Mitcham Junction and elsewhere in South London is often a confrontational experience. Put another way, when it comes to conveyancing there exists an abundance of room for confrontation between you and other parties involved in the ownership transfer. For instance, the seller, selling agent and sometimes a lender. Appointing a law firm for your conveyancing in Mitcham Junction should not be taken lightly as your conveyancer is your adviser, and is the ONE party in the transaction whose interest is to act in your legal interests and to protect you.

Sometimes a third party with a vested interest may try and persuade you that it is in your interests to do things their way. For instance, the property agent may claim to be assisting by suggesting your solicitor is slow. Or your mortgage broker may advise you to do take action that is contrary to your solicitors guidance. You should always trust your lawyer above all other parties when it comes to the legal transfer of property.

Can you clarify what the consequences are if my solicitor is expelled from the Nottingham Solicitor panel ahead of completing my conveyancing in Mitcham Junction?

First, this is a very rare occurrence. In most cases even where a law firm is removed off of a panel the lender would allow the completion to go ahead as the lender would appreciate the difficulties that they would place you in if you have to instruct a new solicitor days before completion. In a worst case scenario where the lender insists that you instruct a new firm then it is possible for a very good lawyer to expedite the conveyancing albeit that you may pay a significant premium for this. The analogous situation is where a buyer instructs a lawyer, exchanges contracts and the law firm is shut down by a regulator such as the SRA. Again, in this situation you can find lawyers who can troubleshoot their way to bring the conveyancing to a satisfactory conclusion - albeit at a cost.

What is your number one tip for finding a conveyancing solicitor in Mitcham Junction

It would be unwise to be swayed by the lowest Mitcham Junction conveyancing fees. You really do get what you pay for when it comes to property lawyers. A cheap quote may mean that the conveyancing solicitor is handling a lot of jobs at one time and you won’t get the quality of service and the attention that you need. It is, however, wise to use a conveyancer who has a fixed fee on a no sale, no fee basis. This way, you go into the conveyancing with your eyes wide open.

How can we tell if a Mitcham Junction conveyancing solicitor on the Nationwide panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Mitcham Junction seeking recommendations is a sensible starting point. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one which is cheap as chips. We would always recommend that you speak with the solicitor handling your transaction.

I have decided to exercise my right to buy my property in Mitcham Junction off the council. I have a mortgage offer with Co-operative. Conveyancing is new to me. Can I proceed without a solicitor easily? I think we can but we keep being told I should use one. Any advice?

It is not advisable to proceed with a house purchase without a solicitor. The council's solicitor are not acting for you. You need a solicitor for a number reasons. One of which is to verify what plans the Council have for repairs and refurbishment for the next five years. Many leaseholders have been stung for contributions of thousands of pounds. In any event, if you are getting a mortgage with Co-operative, you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Co-operative conveyancing panel.

Due to the encouragement of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Mitcham Junction before instructing lawyers. I have been told that there is a flying freehold element to the property. Our surveyor advised that some banks may not give a mortgage on a flying freehold home.

It depends who your proposed lender is. Bank of Scotland has different requirements for example to Halifax. Should you wish to call us we can check via the relevant mortgage company. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can help as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Mitcham Junction. Conveyancing will be smoother if you use a solicitor in Mitcham Junction especially if they are acquainted with such properties in Mitcham Junction.

I'm converting the mortgage on my current home to a BTL loan with Yorkshire Building Society and I will use the rest of the raised equity as a deposit on another property. The neighborhood we are interested in is Mitcham Junction. Will your solicitors be able to act for the two banks and link together the two deals?

Do use our search tool on this site to be sure that the solicitors are on the appropriate lender panels. On the basis that they are your solicitor should be able to connect the two transactions but you should talk with you lawyer and specify your expectations and needs.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.