The owners have very pushy sellers who has insisted on a preliminary agreement with a payment 10k. Is it wise to enter into such agreements?
Exclusivity contracts are agreements binding a property seller and prospective acquirer giving the buyer the sole right to the sale of the property for a certain period of time. Essentially, an exclusivity agreement is a contract stating that you should be issued with a contract at a later date which is the main conveyancing contract. It tends to be used for buyer protection though in many situations, the seller may stand to benefit from such agreements as well. There are various pros and cons to using an agreement but you should to check with your lawyer but note that it may result in costing you more in conveyancing fees. For this these contracts are not popular in relation to conveyancing in Poplar.
My lawyer in Poplar has never been on on the Skipton Building Society Approved Panel. Can I still retain my family solicitor even though they are not on the Skipton Building Society panel?
The limited options open to you here include:
- Complete the purchase with your existing Poplar lawyers but Skipton Building Society will need to instruct a lawyer on their list of acceptable firms. This will inevitably rack up the overall legal fees and cause frustration.
- Choose a new practitioner to act in the conveyancing, not forgetting to check they are on the Skipton Building Society panel
Just acquired a detached house in Poplar , What is the estimated time for the Land Registry to deal with the formalities evidencing the transfer to my name? My Poplar conveyancing solicitor has been very slow, so I want to be sure the land registry aspects are addressed.
There is nothing unique about conveyancing in Poplar registration formalities. Rather than based on location, timeframes can adjust depending on the party submitting the application, whether there are errors and if the Land registry must send notices to any third persons or bodies. As of today in the region of three quarters of such applications are completed within 12 days but occasionally there can be longer delays. Historically registration is effected after the purchaser is living at the property therefore registration formalities is not usually top priority but where it is urgent that the the registration takes place urgently then you or your conveyancer could communicate with the Registry to express the reasoning for an expedited registration.
My brother has suggested that I use his lawyers for conveyancing in Poplar. Should I use them?
Much as we are happy to recommend a Poplar conveyancing lawyer the ideal way to choose a conveyancing practitioner is to get feedback from friends or family who have actually experience in using the firm that you are are thinking of instructing.
I have noted on various online forums that when choosing a conveyancing solicitors they must be approved by your bank. It happens to be my first home move but I have an offer in principle with Virgin Money and I already have a local conveyancing solicitor in Poplar in place. Does Birmingham Midhshires require an approved solicitor to be used? If so, where do I find that list so I can pick a conveyancing solicitor in Poplar?
You need to use a solicitor that is on the Birmingham Midhshires panel. The simplest thing to do is telephone your chosen Poplar conveyancing lawyer to check if they are on the Birmingham Midhshires panel. If they are not on the panel you have numerous alternatives open to you here:
- Complete the deal with your existing Poplar solicitor but Birmingham Midhshires will need to use a conveyancer on their conveyancing panel. This will result in additional fees together with potential frustration.
- Get a new lawyer to act in the purchase, obviously checking they are on the Birmingham Midhshires conveyancing panel.
- Convince your property lawyer to pull out all the stops to get accepted on the Birmingham Midhshires conveyancing panel.