Find a Sudbury Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Sudbury? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Sudbury conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Sudbury conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Sudbury

I am hoping to receive a offer of a home loan from Santander. I intend to instruct a Licensed Conveyancer in Sudbury. Does the Santander Solicitor panel exclude conveyancers regulated by the CLC?

The Santander conveyancing panel is, like many other lenders, represented by the Council or Mortgage Lenders or BSA, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers.

Completed the sale of my flat in Sudbury last March but our buyer keeps texting me to moan that her lawyer needs to hear from mysolicitor. What are the post completion sale formalities following completion?

After completion of your disposal your solicitor should forward the transfer deeds and all additional paperwork to the buyer’s solicitors. Where relevant, your solicitor should also send confirmation that the mortgage has been paid off to the buyers lawyers. There are no post completion procedures peculiar conveyancing in Sudbury.

We previously selected solicitors based in Sudbury on the Kent Reliance solicitor panel. They are now charging me a supplemental amount for the legal aspects of the Kent Reliance mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by Kent Reliance?

Provided it is contained in their Terms of Engagement or estimate then yes your property lawyer may charge a fee for this. This charge is not set by Kent Reliance but by your Sudbury property lawyer. Numerous firms on the Kent Reliance panel will charge ’dealing with mortgage’ fee but plenty of firms include it on their overall fee.

We were going to get a DIP from Principality this week so we know how much we could potentially offer as otherwise we are dependent on web based calculators (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc). Do Principality recommend any Sudbury solicitors on the Principality conveyancing panel, or is it better to go independently?

You will need to appoint Sudbury solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Principality conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and Principality through the process.

The mortgage over my property is with Bank of Ireland for my property in Sudbury. Conveyancing was finalised a year ago. Should I wish to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a BTL mortgage or inform Bank of Ireland?

Bank of Ireland must be informed of your intention in advance of letting out your property as this is likely to be a breach of Bank of Ireland’s mortgage conditions. It may be that Bank of Ireland will permit you to let out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact Bank of Ireland directly. You need not do this via a Bank of Ireland conveyancing panel firm.

I own a semi-detached Victorian property in Sudbury. Conveyancing practitioner acted for me and Aldermore. I did a free Land Registry search last week and there are two entries: the first freehold, another for leasehold with the exact same property. Is it worth asking Aldermore to clarify?

You should assess the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register as there may be mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered proprietor of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Sudbury and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they buy they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with purchasers. You can also check the situation with your conveyancing lawyer who carried out the work.

What can I do to establish who is the owner of a house in Sudbury?

On the basis that the premises is recorded at HM Land Registry, and you have sufficient details of the address of the premises, you should be able to obtain results from the HM Land Registry of the registered owner for a fee.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.