Find a Camborne Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Camborne? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Camborne transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Camborne conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Camborne

I am purchasing a maisonette in Camborne. My property lawyer is not listed on the mortgage company approved list. Is it possible for me to retain my Camborne conveyancing solicitor notwithstanding that they are excluded from the bank approved list?

One must have a property lawyer to deal with the formalities when you require a loan to purchase your home. They will conduct all the appropriate legal checks on the property, make sure that you’re properly registered as the owner and ensure that all the necessary mortgage paperwork is in place. You can appoint a Camborne lawyer of your choosing. Nevertheless, if the conveyancer selected is not on the mortgage company approved list additional charges will be levied as separate legal representation will be need by the bank. Bank panel applications may be submitted, so if your lawyer has not in the past applied for membership they should do so.

I purchased a freehold house in Camborne but nevertheless invoiced for rent, why is this and what is this?

It’s unusual for properties in Camborne and has limited impact for conveyancing in Camborne but some freehold properties in England (particularly common in North West England) pay an annual sum known as a Chief Rent or a Rentcharge to a third party who has no other legal interest in the land.

Rentcharge payments are usually between £2.00 and £5.00 per year. Rentcharges date back many centuries, but the Rent Charge Act 1977 barred the generation of new rentcharges post 1977.

Previous rentcharges can now be extinguished by making a one off payment under the Act. Any rentcharges that are still in existence after 2037 is to be extinguished.

I just bought a house at auction in Camborne. Conveyancing is required. What happens now?

Given that you are now exchanged you must find a conveyancing solicitor quickly as you are faced with a fast approaching deadline in which to complete the deal. An auction property will have a bespoke auction set of papers. This will include the copy title deeds, local authority and drainage searches. Where you are dealing with leasehold property the legal pack may contain a copy of the lease, management information and a sellers leasehold information form and associated conveyancing paperwork specific to leasehold premises. You need to hand this to your appointed conveyancing solicitor at the earliest opportunity. You also need to ensure that that you have the requisite funding in place to complete on the date specified in the contract.

My husband and I have organised the release of further funds on our home loan from Co-operative as we intend to carry out a loft conversion to our house in Camborne. Are we obliged to appoint a high street Camborne solicitor on the Co-operative conveyancing panel to handle the paperwork?

Co-operative would not normally appoint firms on their approved list of lawyers to handle such a matter. If they do require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Co-operative conveyancing panel.

My partner and I are in the process of viewing houses in Camborne and I am about to put in an offer. Is it wise to have my lawyer on ‘stand by’? I will be getting a mortgage with Co-operative.

It would be wise to start your search sooner rather than later. After you have chosen your lawyer and once your offer is accepted you can instruct them to work for you and pass their contact information on to the estate agent. As you are obtaining a mortgage with Co-operative, ask your prospective lawyers if they are on the Co-operative conveyancing panel otherwise they can't do the mortgage legal work.

My wife and I purchased a 4 bedroom Victorian house in Camborne. Conveyancing practitioner represented me and Godiva Mortgages Ltd. I happened to do a free search for it on the Land Registry database and there are a couple of entries: the first freehold, another for leasehold under the matching property. Is it worth asking Godiva Mortgages Ltd to clarify?

You need to read the Freehold register you have again and check the Charges Register as there may be mention of a lease. The best way to be sure that you are also the registered owner of the leasehold and freehold title as well is to check (£3). It is not completely unheard of in Camborne and other areas of the country and poses no real issues for owners other than when they buy they have to account for both freehold and leasehold interests when dealing with purchasers. You can also enquire as to the position with the conveyancing practitioner who completed the work.

In my capacity as executor for the estate of my grandfather I am disposing of a property in Newport but reside in Camborne. My conveyancer (who is 260 kilometers from meneeds me to execute a stat dec prior to the transaction finalising. Could you suggest a conveyancing solicitor in Camborne who can witness and place their company stamp on the document?

Technically speaking you should not need to have the documents attested by a conveyancing solicitor. Normally any notary public or solicitor will do regardless of whether they are Camborne based

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

St Agnes

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.