Find a Delabole Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Delabole? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Delabole conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Delabole conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Delabole

I am buying a flat in Delabole. My Solicitor is not on the mortgage company solicitor list. Am I still permitted to retain my Delabole conveyancing solicitor notwithstanding that they are excluded from the bank panel of approved conveyancing solicitors?

One must have a solicitor to complete the formalities when you require a mortgage to purchase your property. They will conduct all the appropriate due diligence on the property, make sure that you’re properly registered as the owner and ensure that all the required mortgage paperwork is in order. You can select a Delabole property lawyer of your choosing. Nevertheless, where the property lawyer selected is not on the lender conveyancing panel supplemental fees will arise as separate legal representation will be need by the lender. Bank panel applications may be submitted, so where your lawyer has not historically sought membership they should do so.

A friend suggested that where I am purchasing in Delabole I should ask my conveyancer to perform a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. Can you explain what the purpose of this search is?

This is a search is sometimes included in the estimate for your Delabole conveyancing searches. It is a large report of about 40 pages, listing and detailing significant information about Delabole around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the local Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the type of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average House Prices, Crime details, Local Education with maps and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful data regarding Delabole.

Due to the encouragement of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a property in Delabole in advance of instructing solicitors. I have been informed that there is a flying freehold overhang to the house. My surveyor advised that some lenders may refuse to issue a loan on this type of premises.

It varies from the lender to lender. HSBC has different requirements from Halifax. If you e-mail us we can investigate further with the relevant lender. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are accustomed to dealing with flying freeholds in Delabole. Conveyancing will be smoother if you use a solicitor in Delabole especially if they are acquainted with such properties in Delabole.

Can you offer any advice when it comes to appointing a Delabole conveyancing practice to carry out our lease extension conveyancing?

If you are instructing a solicitor for your lease extension (regardless if they are a Delabole conveyancing practice) it is most important that they be familiar with the legislation and specialises in this area of work. We suggest that you make enquires with several firms including non Delabole conveyancing practices before you instructing a firm. If the firm is ALEP accredited then that’s a bonus. The following questions could be helpful:

    How many lease extensions has the firm completed in Delabole in the last 12 months? How familiar is the practice with lease extension legislation?

I own a 1st floor flat in Delabole, conveyancing formalities finalised in 2011. How much will my lease extension cost? Comparable properties in Delabole with an extended lease are worth £179,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £65 yearly. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2081

With only 57 years unexpired we estimate the premium for your lease extension to span between £26,600 and £30,800 plus professional fees.

The figure that we have given is a general guide to costs for extending a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs without more comprehensive investigations. Do not use the figures in a Notice of Claim or as an informal offer. There are no doubt other concerns that need to be taken into account and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Please do not take any other action placing reliance on this information without first seeking the advice of a professional.

My wife and I have recently appointed a conveyancing solicitor in Delabole. I need to find out if they are on the lender's approved list of lawyers. Could you advise?

You should call the lawyer to enquire if they are on the bank's panel. If that does not help call us and we can investigate and revert. Should the firm not be on the conveyancing panel we can certainly arrange a specialist conveyancing solicitor in Delabole on the panel for your lender.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

Port Isaac

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.