Find a Cornwall Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Cornwall? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Cornwall conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Cornwall conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Cornwall

Souldretaining a Cornwall conveyancing firm make my purchase more efficient?

Cornwall is a special area, where local insight is a big bonus. The relaxed pace of life is great – but not when it comes to your house move. The solicitors that we work with possess wide Cornwall intelligence with a professional, can doattitude that helps the conveyancing to progress without delay. It will certainly help if they benefit from established relationships with mortgage brokers, estate agents, valuers and other Cornwall conveyancing practitioners

Why is leasehold purchase conveyancing in Cornwall costs more?

The conveyancing charges for a leasehold premises in Cornwall is inevitably higher as compared to a freehold property. This is due to the supplemental investigations necessary in dealing with the freeholder and management company to obtain information about whether the rent and maintenance charges have been paid and whether there are any major works due in the near future on repairs or maintenance of the building.

We just had an offer accepted to purchase with Melton Mowbray Building Society. We have called around locally yet cant to find a Cornwall conveyancing firm on the Melton Mowbray Building Society approved list. Can you help?

Please do take advantage of the find a lender approved solicitor tool on this site. Please choose the building society and type Cornwall or your preferred area and you will discover a number of lawyer located in Cornwall or near you.

What is the difference between a licensed conveyancer and conveyancing solicitor in Cornwall

There are many recorded licenced Conveyancers in Cornwall and Solicitor practices in Cornwall to choose from We would stress that the two are regulated professionals specialising in the legal work in transferring property. The two can deal with other property legal work such as remortgage conveyancing, lease extensions and transfer of equity conveyancing.

I am expecting a DIP from Santander this week so we can work out what to offer on a property we like as otherwise we only have online calculators to go by (which aren't taking into account credit checks etc). Do Santander recommend any Cornwall solicitors on the Santander conveyancing panel, or is it better to find our own lawyer?

You will need to appoint Cornwall solicitors independently although you'll need to choose one on the Santander conveyancing panel. The solicitor represents both you and Santander through the process.

I am currently in the process of buying my council flat in Cornwall. I have a mortgage agreed with UBS. Conveyancing is new to me. Can I proceed without a solicitor easily? I think we can but we keep being told I should have one. Any advice?

It is not advisable to proceed with a house purchase without a solicitor. The council's solicitor are not acting for you. You need a solicitor for a number reasons. One of which is to verify what plans the Council have for repairs and refurbishment for the next five years. Many leaseholders have been stung for contributions of thousands of pounds. In any event, if you are getting a mortgage with UBS, you will need to appoint a solicitor on the UBS conveyancing panel.

A friend advised me that if I am purchasing in Cornwall I should carry out a Neighbourhood, Planning and Local Amenity Search. What does it cover?

This is a search is occasionally quoted for as part of the standard Cornwall conveyancing searches. It is not a small report of more than thirty pages, listing and setting out important information about Cornwall around the property and the people living there. It incorporates an Aerial Photograph, Planning Applications, Land Use, Mobile Phone Masts, Rights of Way, the Cornwall Housing Market, Council Tax Banding, the demographics of People living in the area, the dominant type of Housing, the Average Property Price, Crime details, Local Education with maps and statistics, Local Amenities and other useful data regarding Cornwall.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

St Austell

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.