Find a Dronfield Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Dronfield? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Dronfield conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Dronfield conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Dronfield

My IFA says he needs my Dronfield lawyer’ panel reference for the Santander conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I discover this. I have called my local Dronfield office but they don't know it.

You are best placed to get this information from your Dronfield property lawyer . They maintain a central record lender panel numbers.

Our nephew is buying a house that has just been built in Dronfield with a home loan from Santander. His lawyer has advised him of a delay in receiving the ‘Disclosure of Incentive Form’. This document is news to me - what is it and who needs sight of it?

The form is intended to provide information to the main parties involved in the transaction. Therefore, it will be provided to your son’s lawyer who should be on the Santander conveyancing panel as a standard part of the process, and to the valuer when requested. The developer will be required to start the process by downloading the form and completing it. The form will therefore need to be available for the valuer at the time of his or her site visit. The form should be sent to the Santander conveyancing panel solicitor as early as possible, in order to avoid any last minute delays, and no later than at exchange of contracts.

we are a couple who are hoping to buy a 2 bedroom apartment in Dronfield with a homeloan from Nationwide Building Society.We use our Dronfield conveyancing lawyer but Nationwide Building Society informed us she’s not listed on their "panel". It seems we are left with little choice but to instruct a Nationwide Building Society panel solicitor or retain our preferred solicitor and fork out for one of their panel ones to act for them. This seems very unfair; Can we not simply insist that Nationwide Building Society use our lawyer?

Unfortunately,no. The mortgage issued to you is subject to its various provisions, a common one being that conveyancers will be on the Nationwide Building Society solicitor panel. Until recently, most banks had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could find one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your lawyer to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for Nationwide Building Society

Due to the encouragement of my in-laws I had a survey completed on a house in Dronfield ahead of instructing conveyancers. I have been informed that there is a flying freehold aspect to the house. The surveyor advised that some lenders tend refuse to give a loan on this type of premises.

It varies from the lender to lender. Bank of Scotland has different instructions for example to Nationwide. If you e-mail us we can check with the appropriate bank. If you lender is happy to lend one our lawyers can assist as they are used to dealing with flying freeholds in Dronfield. Conveyancing may be slightly more expensive based on your lender's requirements.

I need to instruct a conveyancing solicitor for sale conveyancing in Dronfield. I happened to land on a site which seems to have the perfect solution If there is a chance to get all formalities completed via web that would be ideal. Should I be concerned? What should out be looking out for?

As usual with these online conveyancers you need to read ALL the small print - did you notice the extra charge for dealing with the mortgage?

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.