Find a Kingsbridge Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Kingsbridge? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Kingsbridge conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Kingsbridge conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Kingsbridge

I am purchasing property in Kingsbridge. My property lawyer has never been on on the lender solicitor panel. Is it possible for me to appoint my Kingsbridge conveyancing solicitor notwithstanding that they are not on the mortgage company panel of approved conveyancing solicitors?

Various options include

  • Proceed with your preferred Kingsbridge property lawyer but your bank will undoubtedly instruct a conveyancer from their approved panel. The net result is additional cost together with probable delay.
  • Choose a fresh solicitor to act in the purchase, ensuring that they are on the mortgage company conveyancing panel.
  • Appeal to your conveyancer to apply to join the lender panel

I have been referred to a conveyancing solicitor in Kingsbridge. I I would like to check whether they are accepted on the Leeds Building Society conveyancing panel. Could you or the lender confirm if they are on the panel?

You should contact the lawyer and enquire if they can act for the lender. Otherwise please get in touch with Leeds Building Society who may be able to confirm.

The estate agent has sent us the confirmation of our purchase of a new build flat in Kingsbridge. Conveyancing is necessary evil at the best of times but I have never purchased a new build flat before. Can you give me some examples of some of the questions asked in new build legal work.

Set out below is a sample of a selection of leasehold new build questions that you can expect your new-build leasehold conveyancing in Kingsbridge

    There must be mutual enforceability of lessee’s covenants. Where there is an Undertaking being granted there is the risk of forfeiture of the Headlease subject to relief if one or more of the Underlessees are willing to accept the original Head Lessee’s obligations as otherwise relief will be denied to the Underlessees. The only alternatives are the Head Lessor agreeing not to forfeit the Headlease or the Head Lessee guaranteeing to the Underlessees that it will not be in breach of the Headlease. The Vendor must covenant to keep unoccupied units in good repair until long leases are granted therefore. Will the freehold then be transferred for a nominal consideration (not exceeding £100) to the Management Company? If there are lifts in the building, please confirm that the owners of flats on the ground and basement floors will not be required to contribute towards the cost of maintenance and renewal.

My brother has suggested that I instruct his conveyancers in Kingsbridge. Do I take his guidance?

No doubt the ideal way to select a conveyancing lawyer is to get guidance from friends or relatives who have actually experience in using the conveyancer that you are are thinking of instructing.

I only have 62 years unexpired on my flat in Kingsbridge. I now want to get lease extension but my freeholder is missing. What options are available to me?

If you meet the appropriate requirements, under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 you can submit an application to the County Court for an order to dispense with the service of the initial notice. This will enable the lease to be lengthened by the Court. You will be obliged to prove that you have done all that could be expected to track down the landlord. On the whole a specialist should be useful to conduct investigations and prepare a report which can be accepted by the court as proof that the freeholder is indeed missing. It is wise to seek advice from a property lawyer in relation to proving the landlord’s absence and the vesting order request to the County Court covering Kingsbridge.

Leasehold Conveyancing in Kingsbridge - Examples of Questions you should ask Prior to Purchasing

    You will want to find out as much as you can concerning the managing agents as they will affect your use and enjoyment of the property. As the proprietor of a leasehold property you are frequently in the clutches of the managing agents from a financial perspective and when it comes to day to day matters such as the upkeep of the communal areas. Don't be shy to ask prospective neighbours what they think of them. In conclusion, be sure you know the dates that the service fees are due to the managing agents and specifically how they are spending that money. How many of the leaseholders are in arrears for their service charge payments? Please note that where the lease has fewer than eighty years it will impact the marketability of the apartment. Check with your mortgage company that they are willing to go ahead with the loan given the lease term. A short lease means that you will most likely need a lease extension at some point and you need to have some idea of how much this will be. For most Kingsbridgelease extensions you would be be obliged to have been the owner of the property for two years in order to be entitled to carry out a lease extension.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations

South Brent

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.