Find a Ramsbottom Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Ramsbottom? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Ramsbottom conveyancing at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Ramsbottom conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Ramsbottom

My husband and I are approaching an exchange on a flat in Ramsbottom and my parents have sent the 10% deposit to my solicitor. I am now advised that as the deposit has not come from me my conveyancer needs to disclose this to my bank. I am advised that, in also acting for the lender he must advise them that the balance of the purchase price is coming from anyone other than me. I disclosed to the lender regarding my parents' contribution when I applied for the mortgage, so is it really appropriate for this now to be an issue?

Your solicitor is duty bound to clarify with mortgage company to make sure that they understand that the balance of the purchase price is not from your own resources. Your solicitor can only notify this to your bank if you permit them to, failing which, your lawyer must cease to continue acting.

It is is a decade since I bought my home in Ramsbottom. Conveyancing lawyers have just been retained on the sale but I am unable to find the title deeds. Will this jeopardise the sale?

Don’t worry too much. Firstly there is a possibility that the deeds will be retained by the mortgage company or they may stored with the conveyancers who oversaw your purchase. Secondly the chances are that the land will be recorded at the land registry and you will be able to establish that you are the registered owner by your conveyancing solicitors acquiring current official copies of the land registers. The vast majority of conveyancing in Ramsbottom involves registered property but in the rare situation where your home is not registered it is more tricky but is not insurmountable.

The Ramsbottom conveyancing firm that just started acting on my house acquisition in Ramsbottom have suddenly shut down. I only went with them because I needed a lawyer on the HSBC conveyancing panel and my family Ramsbottom lawyer was not. I paid them 275 plus VAT in advance. What do I do now?

Assuming that you have an Estate Agent in the equation then let them know straight away so that they can let the sellers know that there may be a slight delay due to the problems encountered. Hopefully they will be sympathetic and urge their lawyer to send a new set of papers to your new solicitors. You will need to appoint new lawyers that are on the HSBC conveyancing panel and notify the lender. If you have paid over any money, it will hopefully be held by the SRA as money in an intervened firm's bank accounts is transferred to the SRA. Then, the SRA or the intervention agent looks at the intervened firm's accounts to work out who the money belongs to. To claim your money you will need to contact the SRA. If the SRA cannot return money you are owed from the firm's bank accounts, or if they can only return part of the money, you can apply to the Compensation Fund for a grant. Your new lawyers may be able to help.

I've recently found out that there is a flying freehold element on a property I put an offer in two weeks back in what should have been a straight forward, chain free conveyancing. Ramsbottom is where the house is located. Is there any advice you can give?

Flying freeholds in Ramsbottom are rare but are more likely to exist in relation to terraced houses. Even where you use a solicitor outside Ramsbottom you must be sure that your lawyer goes through the deeds thoroughly. Your lender may require your conveyancing solicitor to take out an indemnity policy. Some of the more diligent conveyancing solicitors in Ramsbottom may decide that this is not enough and that the deeds be re-written to give you the most up to date legal protection. If so, the next door neighbour also had to sign up to the revised deeds.It is possible that your lender will not accept the situation so the sooner you find out the better. You should also check with your insurance broker as to whether they will insure a flying freehold premises.

My cousin has encouraged me to instruct his lawyers for conveyancing in Ramsbottom. Should I use them?

Much as we are happy to recommend a Ramsbottom conveyancing lawyer the ideal way to choose a conveyancing solicitor is to have guidance from friends or relatives who have experience in using the firm that you are are thinking of instructing.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations


Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.