Find a South East London Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in South East London? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your South East London transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised South East London conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in South East London

My friend's mother is a conveyancer. I suspect that I can be offered friends and family rates for conveyancing, but if not, what kind of figure would I typically be looking at for conveyancing in South East London?

You should compare pricing. Do use our search tool on this site. The fees will contrast greatly but service levels do differ between conveyancers as is the case with most professions.

At what point does exchange of contracts take place for residential conveyancing in South East London and do I need to attend the lawyers branch?

If you are in close proximity to our conveyancing solicitors in South East London you are welcome to come in to sign documents. However, the law practices we work with offer countrywide coverage for conveyancing and provide as equally comprehensive and professional a job for you when communicating with you digitally. The signing of the contract is not when everything is set in stone. Signing on the dotted line is just a prerequisite for the conveyancer to exchange contracts when the time is right, which is ordinarily shortly after signing. The exchange process is is usually a five minute process, although where a long "chain" is involved, since the process requires the relevant party's solicitor (not necessarily a conveyancing solicitor in South East London)to be in the office at the appropriate time.

The deeds to our house can not be found. The solicitors who conducted the conveyancing in South East London 5 years ago have long since closed. What do I do?

Nowadays there are copies made of almost everything, and your lawyer should know exactly where to locate all the relevant documentation so you may purchase or dispose of your house without any difficulty. If copies are not available, your solicitor may be able to arrange cover in the form of insurance or indemnities against future claims on the property.

I am looking for a flat up to £245,000 and found one round the corner in South East London I like with amenity areas and railway links nearby, however it's only got 52 years unexpired on the lease. There is not much else in South East London suitable, so just wondered if I would be making a grave error buying a short lease?

If you require a mortgage the shortness of the lease will be a potential deal breaker. Reduce the price by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the current owner has owned the property for a minimum of twenty four months you can request that they commence the lease extension formalities and pass it to you. You can add 90 years to the current lease with a zero ground rent applied. You should consult your conveyancing lawyer concerning this.

How easy is it to use the search app to get a fee calculation from a conveyancing solicitor in South East London on the approved list for my mortgage?

Step one is to select a bank such as Halifax, Coventry Building Society or Barclays Direct then specify your preferred area a common one being South East London. Conveyancing organisations in South East London and across England and Wales should be identified.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.