Find a Street Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Street? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Street home move at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Street conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Street

The Street conveyancing firm handling our Street conveyancing has uncovered an inconsistency between the assumptions in the home valuation survey and what is in the conveyancing documents. My solicitor informs me that he must ensure that the lender is OK with this discrepancy and is still content to lend. Is my lawyer’s course or action right?

Your conveyancer must comply with the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook provisions which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for both parties.

I'm purchasing my first flat in Street with a mortgage from Nationwide Building Society. The builders would not budge the amount so I negotiated £7000 of fixtures and fittings instead. The sale representative suggested that I not inform my conveyancer about this deal as it could adversely affect my mortgage with the bank. Do I keep my lawyer in the dark?.

All lenders require a Disclosure of Incentives Form from the builder of any new build, converted or renovated property, It is available online from the Lenders’ Handbook page on the CML website. CML form is completed and handed to the lender's surveyor when the inspection is done.

Lenders have different policies on incentives. Some accept none at all, cash or physical, while others will accept cash incentives up to 5%.

Hard to understand why the representative of a builder would be suggesting you withold information from a solicitor when all this will be clearly visible on forms the builder has to supply to its solicitor, the buyer's solicitor and the surveyor.

Over the last few months I have been searching for a leasehold apartment up to £195,000 and found one round the corner in Street I like with open areas and railway links nearby, the downside is that it only has 61 years unexpired on the lease. I can't really find anything else in Street in this price bracket, so just wondered if I would be making a mistake acquiring a lease with such few years left?

If you need a mortgage the remaining unexpired lease term may be problematic. Discount the offer by the expected lease extension will cost if not already taken into account. If the current owner has owned the premises for at least twenty four months you could request that they start the process of the extension and then assign it to you. You can add 90 years to the existing lease with a zero ground rent applied. You should speak to your conveyancing lawyer regarding this matter.

Is it simple use your search tool to select a conveyancing solicitor in Street on the authorised to act for my bank?

Step one is to choose a mortgage company such as Accord Mortgages Ltd, Chelsea Building Society or TSB then choose your preferred area for instance Street. Conveyancing practices in Street and nationally will then be shown.

Our estate agent has suggested using their lawyer for our conveyancing in Street - Surely it’s advisable to just use them?

This is not necessarily the case and you are at liberty to opt for whichever lawyer you decide for your Street home move. The conveyancing practitioner recommended by an estate agent may not always be the right conveyancing practitioner, they may put forward their preferred conveyancing firm who are based far away. In this instance you may not have contact with your solicitor and due to the lack of continuity in the transaction, it may be difficult to obtain progress reports.

Last updated

Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.