Find a Widnes Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Widnes? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Widnes transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Widnes conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Widnes

Unfortunately I am unable to travel far from Widnes. What is the rationale as to why all Widnes conveyancers aren't included on all lender panels?

Banks ordinarily restrict either the type or volume of conveyancing solicitors on their approved list of lawyers. A common example of such criteria being that a organisation must have two or more partners. As well as restricting the structure of firm, some building societies made a decision to limit the number of conveyancers they use to act for them. It is worth noting that mortgage companies have no liability for the accuracy of conveyancing given by any Widnes conveyancing practitioner on their approved list. Increases in mortgage fraud was a key driver in the reduction of solicitor panels a few years ago even though there are differing assessments about the extent of solicitor involvement in some of that fraud. Data via HMLR reveal that thousands of law firms only carry out a couple of conveyances a year. Those vindicating conveyancing panel cuts ask why law firms should have any entitlement to remain on a conveyancing panel when it is apparent that conveyancing is not their speciality?

I have todayfound out that Wolstenholmes have been shut down. They conducted my conveyancing in Widnes for a purchase of a leasehold flat 18 months ago. How can I establish that my home is registered correctly in the name of the former proprietor?

The easiest method to check if the property is registered to you, you can carry out a search of the land registry (£3.00). You can either do this yourself or ask a law firm to do this for you. If you are not registered you can seek help from one of a number of Widnes conveyancing specialists.

How does conveyancing in Widnes differ for newly converted properties?

Most buyers of new build premises in Widnes approach us having been asked by the developer to sign contracts and commit to the purchase even before the residence is built. This is because builders in Widnes tend to acquire the real estate, plan the estate and want to get the plots sold off as they are building the properties. Buyers, therefore, will have to exchange contracts without actually seeing the house they are buying. To reduce the chances of losing the property, buyers should instruct property lawyers as soon as the property is reserved and mortgage applications should be submitted quickly. Due to the fact that it could be several months and even years between exchange of contracts and completion, the mortgage offer may need to be extended. It would be wise to use a lawyer who specialises in new build conveyancing especially if they are accustomed to new build conveyancing in Widnes or who has acted in the same development.

I would like to let out my leasehold flat in Widnes. Conveyancing solicitor who did the purchase is retired - so can't ask her. Is permission from the freeholder required?

Some leases for properties in Widnes do contain a provision to say that subletting is only allowed with permission. The landlord cannot unreasonably refuse but, in such cases, they would need to review references. Experience suggests that problems are usually caused by unsatisfactory tenants rather than owner-occupiers and for that reason you can expect the freeholder to take up the references and consider them carefully before granting permission.

I inherited a 1st floor flat in Widnes, conveyancing having been completed in 2009. Can you work out an approximate cost of a lease extension? Equivalent flats in Widnes with over 90 years remaining are worth £202,000. The average or mid-range amount of ground rent is £55 invoiced annually. The lease comes to an end on 21st October 2075

You have 56 years unexpired we estimate the price of your lease extension to span between £29,500 and £34,000 as well as costs.

The suggested premium range above a general guide to costs for renewing a lease, but we cannot give you the actual costs in the absence of comprehensive due diligence. You should not use this information in tribunal or court proceedings. There may be other concerns that need to be taken into account and clearly you should be as accurate as possible in your negotiations. Neither should you move forward placing reliance on this information before getting professional advice.

Please set out some of compelling benefits to using a local conveyancing practitioner in Widnes

Home movers in Widnes choose a nearby high street solicitor so that they can visit in the event that they have problems, and to execute documents rather than relying on the Royal Mail.

There is a marginal benefit in opting for a lawyer nearby to the property you are planning to purchase, due to the familiarity of the region and potential local issues - however this is moot. Many conveyancers carry out their work by way of email and may be practically anywhere.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations


Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.