Find a Aberdovey Conveyancing Solictior on Your Lender’s Panel

Ready to buy a new home in Aberdovey? Failing to check that a lawyer is on your lender’s list of approved solicitors can put your Aberdovey transaction at risk of delay or failure.

Only LenderPanel.com provides a subset of authorised Aberdovey conveyancers for over 130 lenders.

Recently asked questions about conveyancing in Aberdovey

My partner and I are looking to acquire a flat in Aberdovey and are in fact using a Aberdovey conveyancing firm. Within the past 48 hours our conveyancer has sent a preliminary report and documents to look through with a view to exchanging next week. Lloyds TSB Bank have this evening contacted us to inform me that they have now hit a problem as our Aberdovey lawyer is not on their conveyancing panel. Please explain?

When purchasing a property with mortgage finance it is standard for the purchasers' lawyers to also represent the mortgage company. In order to act for a bank or building society a law firm has to be on that lender's conveyancing panel. An application has to be made by the law firm to the lender to become a member of the lender's panel and there are increasingly strict criteria which the firm has to satisfy and indeed some lenders now require their panel members to be part of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Accreditation Scheme. Your solicitor should contact your lender and see if they can apply for membership of their conveyancing panel, but if that is not viable they will instruct their own solicitors to act. You don't have to instruct a firm on the lender’s conveyancing panel and you may continue to use your own Aberdovey solicitors, in which case it will likely add costs, and it will likely delay the transaction as you are adding another lawyer into the mix.

Can I use your services to recommend a Conveyancing solicitor in Aberdovey even where I’m not purchasing or selling a house, for example if I want to acquire a shop in Aberdovey with a loan from Nationwide Building Society?

The service is primarily used to help choose domestic conveyancing solicitors in Aberdovey but we have listed towards the end of this page some Aberdovey commercial conveyancing firms. You should make contact with the solicitors directly to establish if they can also act for Nationwide Building Society

We had instructed solicitors located in Aberdovey on the UBS solicitor approved list. They are now charging me a further charge for the legal aspects of the UBS mortgage. Is this an additional conveyancing fee specified by UBS?

As unfair as it may appear, as long as it’s in their Terms and Conditions or Quote then yes your lawyer can charge a fee for this. The fee is not dictated by UBS but by your Aberdovey solicitor. Numerous firms on the UBS panel will quote an ‘acting for lender’ fee but plenty of practices include it on their overall fee.

Can I be sure that the Aberdovey conveyancing solicitor on the Coventry BS panel is any good?

When it comes to conveyancing in Aberdovey seeking recommendations is a sensible start. Before you go ahead, check if they offer a no sale no fee offer. Also, you often get what you pay for - a firm which quotes more, will often provide a better service than one which is cheap as chips. We would always advocate that you speak with the solicitor carrying out your transaction.

I am selling my apartment. I had a double glazing fitted in November 2006, but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's lender, Lloyds are being pedantic. The Aberdovey solicitor who is on the Lloyds conveyancing panel is happy to accept ‘lack of building regulation’ insurance but Lloyds are requiring a building regulation certificate. Why do Lloyds have a conveyancing panel if they don't accept advice from them?

It is probably the case that Lloyds have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Lloyds may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing was correctly and safely installed. The indemnity insurance merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.

In my capacity as executor for the will of my father I am disposing of a residence in Monmouth but reside in Aberdovey. My solicitor (based 250 miles awayneeds me to execute a statutory declaration ahead of completion. Could you suggest a conveyancing practitioner in Aberdovey to attest and place their company stamp on the document?

strictly speaking you are unlikely to need to have the documents attested by a conveyancing solicitor. Normally any notary public or solicitor will do regardless of whether they are Aberdovey based

My husband and I hope to acquire our 1st house in Aberdovey. Conveyancing solicitor has been selected. The financial consultant suggested that a survey is not appropriate as the house is just fifteen years old.

You would be well advised to have a Home Buyer's Report. Given the residence was built over a decade ago the property will be without a warranty, so you would be well advised not to take a risk. Where a property of this age shows no signs of problems a Home Buyer's report could suffice. They will highlight any obvious problems and suggest further investigation if appropriate. If there are any indications of material issues get a full Building Survey from the beginning.

Last updated

Neighbouring Locations


Find out more about how flying freehold can affect your the value of a property.